unit 7 question

Whiterock

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-13 AT 06:19AM (MST)[p]Would the Walk In Areas be open to early cow elk hunting as it is private land .

Go into the WIHA section of the G&F website and look each one up for whatver county it's in. There will be maps and the areas are all numbered with information telling how many acres it is, when it's open and for what, etc.

O.K. I found that info.
I called the
walk
in Area phone number and was told they do not up date the info until July. At this time they would not say what might be for fall 2014.
I guess I need to wait till July.

>O.K. I found that info.
>I called the
>walk
>in Area phone number
>and was told they do
>not up date the info
>until July. At this time
>they would not say what
>might be for fall 2014.
>
>I guess I need to wait
>till July.

***If a ranch is on that WIHA list, the information you want shouldn't change from year to year unless it is completely withdrawn from the program. You can probably look everything up on the current list and not wait until July and then just make sure it's still on there when the update takes place this summer.

The Walk In Areas along with the ranch I can hunt on gives me lots of options.Just got to decide the best dates to be there.Got from mid August to the end of December.Thats a long season..

You got to love hunting Wyoming.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-19-13 AT 01:28PM (MST)[p]Avoid the weekends if possible. It's typically a zoo. It's not as bad after the type 1's are done, but still a fair amount of traffic.

Some don't open until after Nov 20th - after the bull season closes. And some only allow cow hunting if I recall correctly. True advice. Most areas and dates don't change a lot from year to year.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom