unit 67 migration tag

T

timberline

Managed to draw the 67 late buck tag this year. Know teh area fairly well but any help would be appreciated. Drew it with my dad... hoping to get him a shot at a decent buck. Don't want anyone's hotspot but past hunting experiences will help immensly.

Thanks guys.

Older bucks are still very rare due to the high mortality winter of 07-08. Fawn survival was the worst in the state that year, around 7% I believe, and apparently the bucks got hammered too. I live here and had the late tag last year. I ended up eating the tag even though I didn't have my goal set all that high (~175). Also if you don't get good snow the deer can still be quite high through November. This year should be better than last year at least.

thanks for the info. I have hunted there some in the past but had limited success. planning on scouting with horses most of the summer. sounds like high country is the place. Thanks again

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom