Unit 67 deer

grouseslayer

I drew the unit 67 either sex deer tag and was just looking for any info that past hunters are willing to share. My dad hunted the unit for goats but he did not spend too much time in areas where there would be a very big population of deer. The hunt runs from October 5-November 8. Was curious if there was a good possibility of some early migration and rut activity. Also on what to expect as far as size. If you have any info on areas to look that would be great as well. We will be hunting on foot on Fridays and Saturdays then hunting the last week. Any info is appreciated feel free to pm me. Thanks.

There is not a big deer population there.
The goat country east of palisades is about as good of big buck habitat as there is.
If you can get up in there just when a snowstorm is breaking up you might have a chance to see some deer.
After a heavy snow you will need to go lower and hunt the thick stuff. Tracking will be your best option then.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom