Unit 55 or 57 Idaho

N

NoRegrets

I wanted to get a little feedback from those who have hunted or have first hand knowledge of what unit would be better for a trophy buck 55 or 57. I have been told some info but can't seem to get a reliable source. I drew a tag this year but will wait to hear back before I let you all in on where i'll be spending my October this fall.(post pictures if you have some!)

No Regrets~

My kids had the 46 youth tag that covers that area the last 2 years, we saw bigger bucks in unit 57, but also spent more time there.
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

I would take 57 over 55. Even though I usually put in for 55. Can't show you any pics because I never get drawn.

"tagsoup" better change your user name....may change your luck...I feel your pain! This is the first Deer tag I have drawn for Idaho in all my years of applying. I guess thats why I want honest opinions on what these units hold. Thanks for the feedback so far.

57 may hold bigger bucks, but 55 has more chances at mature bucks, imo...I would take either hunt......

57 used to be my favorite unit, its a sad afair compaired to what it used to be. november hunt would still be good, but october sucks imo. i think 57 still has an edge over 55 for big bucks. but cache peak alone in 55 may have more deer than 57!

dont know the point of asking and not saying what unit you have?? youth tag?

Thanks for the info. I guess the opinions vary a little but most of you did give 57 an egde. Good news, That's the tag I have to punch if I get lucky. I also have heard the unit has gone down in quality the past few years. Hopefully there are still a few on the mountain. I was told 55 was a better unit and a tuff draw and that's why 57 was my 1st choice. Bottom line, i'm happy to get a chance to hunt. Now you can post some bucks from 57 if there are some out there from years past. Thanks!

NoRegrets~

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom