unit 52 new mexico

J

jds

anyone ever been on this hunt? looks like i have a pending charge on my cc for this hunt in late august.

js

u should have blast hunt! here are my pic of unit 52 i shot last year on first day! first morning..i should have wait!

vini521.jpg

vinihunt

Here is a pic of the antelope I shot in unit 52 from 2004 scores 82 and change B&C. Had one bigger within range after i shot this one,i was still very happy.
42b884d50b026823.jpg

very nice purabura! a trophy by anyone's standards. in your trip did you find most of the goats in the open flats(towards the eastern side of the unit on the blm lands) or in the timbered stuff of the national forest?

jds

seemed like more antelope and a ton more hunters were on the national forest. The antelope in the open stuff are very very wild. I spent the first couple of days trying to spot and stalk. never got within 350 yards of a big buck. I chased the one i shot an another one bigger all over that unit it seemed.
ej

thanks! i was curious where the pressure would be. i will try and post our results.

thanks again,
jds

Not that it helps much but in 2 years elk (sept) hunting never saw lope around 64/hopewell 3 guys hunting 10-12 days

Unit 52 is an awesome unit , they plum hammered it last year as the Game and Fish allocated the max number of tags , but they cut back from that # this year . I've drawn and hunted it a few times , and shot bucks on both sides of the road , but I like the east side alot more . Congrats on a GREAT TAG !!!NMHUNTNUTT

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom