Unit 51 Late Bull Elk

It's a super fun hunt. You?ll see bulls, just tricky to climb up and get them. I think a 320 bull is upper end, but a few will get bigger. Some cold mornings are in store!

Talking to guys who've drawn, are in the know, etc. I'm hearing more like anything over 300? is gravy and guys are more commonly shooting bulls around 280-290?.

320" is highly unlikely.

300" would be top of expectations.

Any 6pt should be gone after.

5pt is the rule.

Get you legs in shape and bring a parka.

Thanks , I know where to start scouting, and I do want to get a 6 point for sure. I had a 6 point and it was stolen.

>320" is highly unlikely.
>
>300" would be top of expectations.
>
>
>Any 6pt should be gone after.
>
>
>5pt is the rule.
>
>Get you legs in shape and
>bring a parka.

+1 +1 +1

Be prepared to cut up your bull in -10F and for meat bags that take a week to thaw out.

Learn access in 51 when scouting. It is a winter range hunt but some elk are residents. Get a good spotter and high on a knoll you can glass across the whole little lost valley to the opposite side. Expect 280-300 .....had hard ass winter. Hunt hard...get lucky

I have a spotter, good binos too. I do have a few places to look now and will find more access for sure. Thanks you 340 !

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom