unit 50 bull tag

BCS

my dad drew a unit 50 bull tag this year, for those of you who have spent time over in that country, what would you consider a "shooter?" knowing dad it will have to be pushing 330...thoughts????

I agree 100%. 25 years ago I would say hold out for at least 350 to 375. Now that 300 will be a tough row to hoe but doable. Ron

most of those units have an early and a late hunt. The early is usually much better and harder to draw. Which does your Dad have. The difference in expectation could be substantial.

it is the only controlled bull tag for that unit, opens up on the 5th of october and ends on the 31st.

Hunt 2028? 75 tags, October 15-31. That is the only controlled bull hunt I can find in the rules book. I've hunted 51, but not 50, so sorry I can't help you.

There are lots of bulls over 300. Just last season I saw 7 bulls over 340 including the biggest bull I've ever seen. I just can't get lucky enough to draw the tag. I live in the Unit so that makes it easier. I spend every day I can in the hills there so I know all the good spots but if you put in the time you will find them. I see more and more elk each year and we had good water this winter. There is still 5 feet of snow up high. Good Luck

well, dad and i went out last week up to 50, elk are talking like crazy. i ended up killing a spike bull. looks like it will turn out to be a decent rifle hunt for dad.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom