Unit 50 archery elk...Any good?

SpikeCamp

Any thoughts or opinions on hunting ID unit 50 for an archery bull?

Any former success or disappointments?

Thanks,
SpikeCamp

Had friends hunt it and did well. They don't hunt it any more though. Pretty tough unit, but has some elk. Seems like you can pick if you would rather do the high country or foot hills with some work you'll find animals.

My favorite unit but the constant increase of hunters over the last few years and the ammount of internet popularity that has been popping up have me wondering if its time to move on.

Thanks for all of the responses. I look forward to reading more if anybody else has any experience with this unit.

SpikeCamp

I quit 4 years ago hunting it, I would see 200 elk on a 3-4 day weekend, go back the next week and not see 1 elk. Happened a couple times and I cant figure it out. they have quit bugling as much there also

I have a friend that did some research pic'd unit 50 and hunted the last two years. Took some time scouting and walking back a ways off the roads but now he found his honey hole. :) he's all fired up to go back this year. They all tagged out on nice bulls last year.

Go for it IMO ....do your homework and you can find what your looking for in unit 50.

))))------->

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom