Unit 48

drenalinhunter41

Headed to do some high country muley scouting this weekend in Unit 48. This will be a new area for me. Was curious if anyone has ever ventured up there. The maps and Google earth show some steep rocky terrain but appear to have some potential basins with possible habitat for muleys to be hanging in. If anyone would like to share their experience, it would be appreciated. Thanks

Its great terrain and habitat along with unit 43 next door but the deer numbers seem to be lacking from my experience in that part of the state, plus as mentioned above its gets plenty of pressure. I've since ventured to other units with less hunters just to get away from people.

I appreciate the input from everyone. I shorted myself a little and didn't mention I would be hunting during the archery season. Also, I'm looking at accessing 48 from HWY 75 north of Ketchum. It looks like a lot of hiking and less FS roads to get inn there. Any thoughts on that? Thanks

Like mentioned above...Its great looking country, but the deer numbers just arent that great. Plenty of country north of Ketchum to be accessed, just gotta realize you will need to be very patient with glassing and not expect to see a ton of deer most likely.

Just go farther than the next guy. There are some great bucks taken out of there every year. If you are archery hunting, I'm sure your game plan is to get high and glass. Do that and you'll find luck. I hear of some locals that glass bucks from the roads way up high every year. Good luck!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom