unit 48 and 49

Look behind them on the ground under the bush. The steaming pile is what is left of our Big game. Ron

phantomhillwolfpack.jpg

Not a good area anymore in my opinion. Both deer and elk numbers are way down. I would look over towards Eastern Idaho...

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-10 AT 06:48AM (MST)[p]I drew the 48 early elk tag 2 yrs ago. Very dissapointing. All the elk I saw were down on the river on private ground and the Cali transplant land owners were not likin the hunting on on thier property. Passed on a few small bulls on public, wound up eating the tag....

My family and I hunted deer there for about 6 years. The first 3 years we did all right, killing smaller 4 points. Then I started seeing wolf tracks, and the last 3 years we hunted there weren't as good. We stopped hunting there 2 years ago. Good luck, it is really pretty country.

Dax

I was planning to deer hunt the area the opening week last year but punted due to the heavy snow and went elsewhere. I think there is some potential left there, but dont expect to see lots of animals, and the farther from the roads the better.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom