unit 47 elk

T

tufcntry

so like most years i was not not drawn, but i have a friend who drew for elk in 47 i didn't even know he put in. i haven't spent much time in the unit, but i will and i will do all the things necessary to have a good hunt. my question is has anyone had this tag? how was the hunt? was it tough? are there a lot of elk i know of some nice bulls coming out of there. just any conversation would be good. my friend has never killed a bull and hasn't hunted much since his dad passed, so i want it to be fun.

There are some good bulls in 47, I seen a few pics of some 300"+ bulls and one of a 380"+ that came out of there last season... If you put the time in you could come home with a great bull! I'll see if I can find a pic of the bigger bull I mentioned...

ce1a07b0.jpg

I assume 47 is much like the adjacent 54. Not a lot of elk but they are not heavily hunted and NOT VERY WILD.

Hold out for a good one. I shot a monster there last fall..........with a squirt gun, because they wouldn't give me a tag (said no again this year).

I truly do see elk similar to the one in the preceding photo quite regularly.....meaning multiple times each year.

Hold out for a good one.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Jaun thats pretty bull man thanks for the picture i'm sure he would be pumped with something like that. how was access down there?

>Jaun thats pretty bull man thanks
>for the picture i'm sure
>he would be pumped with
>something like that. how was
>access down there?

Oh no that's not me nor did I have anything to do with the bull... Just a pic of a bull that came from the unit... I have only been down that way a couple times so I'm not very familiar with it but where I went there was as much access as you'd want...

abiggerfishtofry ya thats the hunt he drew sorry about that. did you end up killing your bull in 46? i have bull on film from 46 that is a pig but he was poached that year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom