Unit 47 antelope

What are you wanting to know? I've been out that way a few times in the last few weeks and saw some nice goats. A friend came out last year and shot a very nice goat the last few days of the season (type 1). I think this year is going to be a good one from the looks of things. Not sure if it was the mild winter, but the goats seem to have good growth compared to previous years.

I took my largest buck from this unit.I hunt BLM land near the NW side of the unit.I always hunt the second week of October on a Type 2 tag and always see lots of nice bucks.I hope to be there again in 2013 with my wife . She will be buck hunting and I will be after a couple of does for meat.

Plenty of goats there. The public land gets hit really hard the early part of the season and on weekends. Take your time and a good map, drive around and get to know the area for a day then have at it.

Oregon, PM sent.

I hunted 42 a few years ago and was pretty frustrated because I couldn't tell what was public and what was private. The unit was checkerboarded but with no fences or signs. I was afraid to hunt most places. Nobody wants a hunter trespass violation.

Would the Garmin GPS program Wyoming sells help in 47?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom