Unit 46,47 Late Elk hunt

ArrowheadWy

LAST EDITED ON Jul-06-15 AT 03:57PM (MST)[p]I drew this tag and will be heading over to look over the unit in a few weeks. I just wondered if anyone knows of some good areas to checkout? Thanks- any info would be great!

Use your time to get familiar with the units. The elk can be in totally different areas on that late hunt then where they are right now. My son drew the muzzy bull tag so well be hunting a few months prior to you but we would be happy to give you any info that we figure out. PM me and we can talk.

I saw this old boy on that hunt.

Bigoldbull1_zpsdbe6882c.jpg

You have one of the top 3 elk tags in this state...I have seen bulls approaching 380 out in that area....Now a lot of those were on private property (Simplot ranches, ect) but they are also on non private ground.....There is a lot of country there that looks like flat desert, but once you start looking it opens to huge cuts, and canyons full of aspens and juniper - excellent elk country.

Just know your land boundaries...Trophy elk are a big deal down that way and if you screw up and get on property your not suppose to, the landowners and land managers won't show you any mercy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom