unit 45 elk

H

hunt1024

I drew a unit 45 bull elk hunt in october and was trying to get some info or tips on areas in 45 to concentrate on. I talked to a few biologists but getting good information was kind of slim. Any tips or idea?

I have the same tag, I have a few areas I will be checking out this weekend. PM me and I can share some details. I am leaving Thursday night, will be up there through Monday. As a side note, I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on how accurate the land ownership maps are on the idfg website in the mapping tool section? Good luck!

I ordered topo maps for unit 45 off the IDFG website, but i find the interactive map center to be more useful than the maps i received. The online maps seem to be a little more up to date than the paper maps i have. Everyone keeps telling me that private land is the hardest part of this hunt since a lot of the elk stack up down low on private ground and getting permission is next to none there the biologists told me. This hunt has a high success rate so there must be lots of elk on public land as well Are you hunting the first part of the season? I am not going to be able to make it up there till the later part of the season. Good luck scouting up there!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom