Unit 45 Elk advice

H

Hooner

I am looking into buring max non resident points for unit 45 type 9 elk tag. Before I put in I was hoping someone could give me there opinion/advice on the unit. Thanks in advance for the help. You can PM me or just post your advice. Thanks again.

unless you are a true archery or nothing guy i think you are selling yourself short with the type 9 tag. you are a max points holder only once and do not have the option of going back for the rifle if the archery hunt goes bad.

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-11 AT 12:02PM (MST)[p]The higher areas to the east should hold some good bulls and September is the time to hunt them when they are bugling. I'd say go for it! If you have a friend or contact who resides in Wyoming you could go all the way up into the Wilderness area with them as your guide after they secure a F&G permit. The west 1/2 of the unit is low country and mostly sagebrush and agricultural land near the rivers going up through there. We hunt south of Hwy 16 in September and then the rifle season in October if the guys who draw don't tag out. What was mentioned in the other post may be true and that is just a chance you have to take because it is hunting, not killing!

Pretty close to the bull I took, there are bigger ones but that is the class of bull I'd say you're after.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom