Unit 44 deer

T

TBOP

A fiend of mine drew the deer hunt in 44 this year. I live much closer than him so I am trying to schedule some scouting and gather some information to help out. I helped a friend last year with his elk hunt in 44, but by the time his hunt started and with the early storms, we saw only one deer. We spent most of our time ont he eastern end of the unit during his elk hunt. I was wondering if the western end of the unit would be a better option for scouting and hunting early? Lower elevation or up higher? Any help would be much appreciated.

u answered your own question with the early storms if we get early snow again this year the guys hunting 45 will have alot more animals to choose from....back behind the old scale off of hwy 20 between Corral & Fairfield is a good spot if u can find access

Ya, I've heard the deer get out of there quick once the snow comes and I saw it first hand last year on my buddies elk hunt. I wasn't sure if they were really gone or maybe they were still there just in a different part of the unit. I was wondering if they tend to migrate towards the west end before crossing over to 45? I'm probably way out in left field....it's just not an area I've spent any time in looking for deer so I'm starting from scratch and trying to figure some things out. Thanks for the information, I do appreciate it.

no problem my eye doc drew that tag 3 years ago the biggest buck they saw was a 27" 4x4 but couldnt close in on him they hammered that unit on foot & horse back ...he drew a bull tag 2 years ago & had the same luck & he was only meat hunting mostly..I guess that is why he hunts wyoming every year !! if we do get early snow I would diffently try & get permission to hunt some land closer to hwy 20 the Fairfield Soldier Mtn area holds some big bucks also

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom