unit 42 deer

T

tawstaxidermy

I was wondreing if anyone can give me some addvise on this unit.I have hunted unit 40 a few years back but have never been in unit 42 . I here its kind of a hard unit . My daughter and I drew this tag , she is 12 years old and it will be her first hunt ever. Does anyone have any suggestions on where good huning my be in this unit. I called the game and fish , that was a joke.the bioligist had never even been in the unit before. Any addvise will be greatly apperciated, thank you , shawn t.

congrads that is a tough unit some big bucks but very few & far between I would try the juniper mtn area off of mud flat road there are some big ranchs back in there pretty easy country to hunt in..alot of that hunt will depend on what we get for snow this year.. good luck

I got a spot for ya. I don't know If your 12 year old will like walking on rocks all day but I have some giant bucks there. Got some video of one of them. It's well worth the effort. This will be a pack out type hunt. Easy day hunt, just lots of rocks.

Give me your number and I'll call you with GPS locations. Can't guarantee they will be there in November but I can guarantee they won't get hunted before then.

Scott

thanks guys , htnfool I sent you a p.m. with my phone number and email . again thank you , shawn

i have hunted unit 42 during the general season tag, we killed a couple deer on the north side of juniper mt. scouted it several days over the years. bring your 4 wheel tire chains. cell phone access from the top of juniper and a couple other high spots around. one cell spot is just south of cliffs on the jordan valley rd, once you come out of the north fork owyhee start watching your phone, you will get signal when your looking at cliffs. Where i would hunt the unit would depend on weather, you will find deer right on the main north boundry rd ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------support your local guzzlers. OHA life member,lapine oregon

LAST EDITED ON Aug-28-09 AT 06:49AM (MST)[p]Taws,

got the p.m.. I will call you when I get back from the mountain. If you can have a map handy that would be great. I like the black and red Benchmark maps, they have the best road to date on them.

Scott

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom