Unit 40

I

IdahoMuley

Well looks like got lucky this year!!! Drew unit 40 for deer and late elk!!!!! But getting married so not a lot of time to scout this summer i know few spots but any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Muley Man!

my son and dad had the deer tag last year and my wife drew the elk tag this year......still waiting for my turn, oh yeah my son drew antelope this year in the same unit. i know a little bit about the deer in that unit, but for elk im still lost, congrats!

Did your son and dad have any luck? know of any general areas to start looking for deer? and feel litte better on elk if you want to swap info send me a pm. thanks

Muley Man!

hey idahomuleyman your pm is inactive, can't send you a pm, let me know when you fix it

My son had a SH Tag a few years ago and started very early on the Elk. Scouting they were very easy to find. Once those horns harden in late August they move into some rough country and you will not find them late anywhere near where you find them early and that is a lot of broken country when they are scattered which is why the % success on that hunt is relatively low, but there are quality animals and genetics in there so big ones are possible.

congrads lots of area to choose from I had friends { 4 } that drew 40 last year all killed decent bucks biggest was a 175" 4x4 only about 24 wide but heavy they saw quite a few bucks but nothing huge..very very few really big boys in 40 anymore..depending on how much snow & when it falls down there are the big factors..the Silver City area & Della mar areas have some good bucks thats the area my friends got theirs last year...

no, i havent been out yet, i was thinking middle of august i will start going down their and doing some scouting and learning the area, have you been back to any of the areas you pm me about, if so have you seen anymore?

oh yeah its too damn hot for anything but snakes down there & dumba$$ horn hunters like myself..I have been back a few times saw a few cows heard & few blowing out of the trees nut couldnt tell what they were...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom