Unit 39 buck

B

BOOMSTICK

Got him right below the snow line on halloween morning about 10am. we think that some elk hunters on horses heading up to set up a camp in the back country spooked him up and brought him down. first 4 point and i am very happy with it. a bit narrow but heck i am very happy with it.

7792010_buck_2.jpg

had to haul it out about a mile or so. all downhill so we just put a stick in the horns and hauled it on out. fairly easy system but sidehill sucks and going over logs is a coordinated event between the two packing it out, if one pushed while the other is jumping the log, someone is going in the dirt! we found out the hard way. haha.
32692010_buck_w_dad.jpg

17852010_buck_1.jpg

anyone else notice a bunch of new gates in 39? think they are trying to limit ATV access to help with deer and elk numbers? lets see some other pictures of unit 39 bucks.

Very very nice, thank you for sharing. Unit 39 is a hard unit to hunt. Being partially disabled I don't think I will be going back there, too hard on this old body.

Yeah the gates are there for a reason. I actually saw you taking that picture the other day. And I also caught the guy in the camp next to yours going up a closed road on his 4 wheeler Halloween afternoon.

I almost forgot, congrats on the buck, there were some nice ones moving, I was up there looking for a last minute bear.

Thanks for the congrats. yeah we saw some people riding on the roads behind us so my dad was going to go up there to check it out but saw there was a gate across it. i really think those gates are going to improve hunting for those of us that like to walk the mountains and will help out the herd.

Great Buck, Look's like he is ruttn' a little!!

LIVE TO HUNT, LOVE TO FISH!!

he was for sure doin the rut thing. real stinky and had a huge thick neck. shot him chasing does. wasnt clear if he was just running with them or trying to get some action tho.

We were hunting lower down the drainage Saturday. Boomstick passed up a forky hoping for something bigger. We were mostly seeing does and small bucks so that afternoon we moved camp up higher towards the snowline. Got a quick evening hunt and our buddy saw some good sign where he was so that was the planned area to hit the next morning.

There was another 4x4 about the same size in the immediate area. A buddy of ours forgot to take the safety off and subsequently didn't get a shot off in time! lol Yes, we gave him some ribbing the rest of the day and will start again next season. At least he came up with the slick idea of putting the tree limb through the antlers.

I too like the fact that a lot of gates are closed. We saw a new one that was installed within the last two weeks that surprised us. Good access for disabled hunters as I think IDF&G actually gives them a master key to the gates.

We didn't see any bears this trip but have seen quite a few this year in other areas.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom