unit 39 buck pic

D

deerslayer1

got this buck 39, anyone have any idea what it may score?? by the way, the key to 39 is hiking in WAY farther than most of the people up there. I noticed most wouldn't stray more than a mile or so from the road. I got away from the roads and saw lots of deer, even a couple 28" , after i got this one of course!
1156dsc02584.jpg

6856dsc02583-1.jpg

My guess would be 140-150 depending if you go non-typical or not, he'd have too many deductions scored typically. He is a cool buck though, definately a neater buck than what his score would indicate. I like the extra bud with the bent tine on the left, i've never seen that. His whole left side is freakish. When did you get him?

I got him in 08'. He was the only buck with about 20 does in a shallow draw. Actually, my buddy had shot a small 2x3 chasing around some young does in the next draw over. We were hiking up the ridge to get the little one and about 75 yards up this guy stood up out of his bed. one shot to the neck and he dropped right there....in his bed. First time ive ever gotten one in its bed. As we were gutting and deboning everything, all the does came back within 10 yrds or so, with 2 more larger bucks. Kinda strange how it all works out sometimes. So needless to say, there are at least 2 more that were still roaming around that were definately wall hangers in my opinion. Also, went to the same spot for a bull a few days later and saw SEVERAL LARGE bucks, one inparticular pushing over 30" at about 80 yrds. The big bucks must get copies of the regulations every year cause its always, always a day or two after the season ends that you see the monsters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom