Unit 39 antelope help

I

IdahoCougar

I drew a unit 39 antelope tag in Idaho this year. Just curious if anyone has hunted it before and if so what caliber of bucks should I expect to find? I was in the area last weekend and scouted for a few hours but didn't see anything over 12". The unit is about 5 hrs from my house so any additional scouting trips will be out of the question. Does anyone have any recommendations on which areas to concentrate my efforts? Thanks for any info.

I am headed in there next week to scout for Mountain Goats. If I see anything worthwhile on the way in or out I will let you know.

Don't claim to be an expert but I know a couple years ago there were some nice bucks on the private lands E of Boise along the Blacks Creek road to Danskin Peak.
A friend of mine drew that tag a couple years ago and that was where they were seeing them.

Unit 39 is big, but the area that holds Antelope can be covered in a day of driving, so I would calendar an extra day or two before the opener and scout and be ready to shoot first thing on opening a.m, because if you find a good buck, and some are there usually, you won't be the only one who has seen it. There are no remote sections of this hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom