Unit 36/37 General Tag Archery hunt advice

I

ilbowhunter2

Hi everyone,
I am wondering if I can get some opinions on a general season tag Archery hunt in unit 37 or 36 from Sept. 15-25. Feel free to PM me if you would like to keep any info confidential.

Being a non-resident DIY backpack hunter, is this tag and area worth my time and effort to get into good elk, knowing I can't hunt the Cloud Peak Wilderness area?

I would like to be able to pack in a few miles from roads and hopefully, hunt undisturbed for a few days at a time. Is this possible given it is a general tag?

Thanks for any advice you can give, I appreciate it.

I can't speak to what kind of pressure you would have, but with archery season being during the rut I don't think that would be a big enough negative to outweigh the positive factors. There are no grizzlies and few, if any, wolves compared to the west side mountains. There are some humongous bulls in the Big Horns and hunting them during the rut in September is the way to do it if you can draw the tag. If you draw and don't get one then, you can still fall back on the rifle season if you have the time and money to get back then.

Thanks for the reply top gun. I'm not sure if I would try to rifle hunt later in 36/37 but probably not. From what I can tell the elk will all be on private land then and access is a problem. I'll probably head further west for a rifle opportunity.

Anyone else have some insight on these two units for the Sept. 15 bowseason they could PM me?

Thanks,
Kyle

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom