Unit 32A

D

doehunter57

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-13 AT 01:42PM (MST)[p]Drew a cow tag for unit 32A, Can anyone give me some info where I can hunt. My hunt is in Nov. I would really appreciate it. New to State Idaho. Thank you so much.
Doehunter57

You seem to have a real crappy attitude.

You drew the tag, its no one's responsibility to help you on your hunt.

I've never set foot in the unit, but it doesn't seem to be a terribly difficult hunt. Nearly 50% odds last year.

Here's a link http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/ifwis/huntplanner/mapcenter/?lyr=0&lbl=Unit+1&val=172

This shows you your unit. On the right, click the tab that says "Administrative and Hunting." Then check the box that says "Surface Management Agency."

Then use the key to figure out what is public and what is private. This fairly basic, but this is what I use to get started in a unit. I also look at google earth, or bing maps.

Then I like to go to the unit, and at least drive around and learn the roads. I like learn how to get to the other side of the mountain, how to cross a particular canyon. These things are helpful when you glass up animals from a mile or two away.

Once you have a basic understanding, ask specific questions. It shows that you are interested and have put effort into your hunt. Offer other people help in return.

I drew a cow tag in a unit I've never been to this year. I didn't ask a very vague question that came off like someone who just wants info and doesn't want to work. I looked over the unit several times on google earth and the F&G maps. I did PM a couple guys that also drew tags in the unit, although they are not the same tags. I was polite, I showed that I was willing to put in effort, and I offered to help them by sharing info of any animals that I saw. I also let them know that if I was in the area I would gladly help packout if they needed it.

The responses I got were very kind and generous. One guy gave me his number and offered his help with a pack mule. The other guy offered me some info, and told me he'd let me know of any sightings while he was on the mountain.

This happens every year, some guy with 0 posts comes on and asks for where he should hunt. Shows no effort, offers no help and then usually disappears when they get what they want. If you stick around, let people know who you are and are an active member, everyone is more willing to help.

Nice response FA. What I would add to that is to call fish and game and ask for the biologist over the area. Your hunt will be somewhat weather dependent. If big snow comes they will move down and heard up. If we don't get any big storms they may still be at the tops. I would spend some time up high like Indian lookout country and then learn the Little Weiser river country. I would add the South end of the unit to your list also. When November comes the weather will tell you where to be.

Good luck, DZ

Thanks for all the info and I just want to say I am doing my home work. I called the Fish and Game and talked to a biologist for about a half hour and he gave me lot of info. I ordered maps and even google earth the unit. I didn't mean to come off like I just wanted info and not appreciate it. Thanks for info DZ and FA if you need help just ask.
doehunter57

Just thought hunters would be the ones to ask for info. Sorry if I came off wrong.
doehunter57

Ur fine doehunter I'm on a lot of forums same sh-t if u don't give ur life up to a forum they think ur lazy I'm sure u will take a cow and when u do give a bird to the camera and post it. Pictures are better then words. it's goes to show how greedy people are when it comes to there own state if that's the case they can stay out of yours. I'll remember that when I see out of stater's being retards in my country .. Good luck

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-13 AT 08:47PM (MST)[p] ESH, NO, They don't know me, I was just trying to get info about the unit and hunt. I didn't mean to upset anyone. They gave me great information and I do appreicate it. I have been hunting for 40 years and I have helped other hunters. I have spent more time helping friends and people I don't even know. They just don't know me.
doehunter57

New to this sight FA and I love hunting in Idaho. I will stick around and help as much as I can. Thanks

Doehunter57

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom