Unit 32 late season pics please post some

B

Biggame57

im just wonderin how big the deer are up unit 32 if you have any pics please post em im really interested.

There are bucks but very few big ones. Getting a younger 4 point is pretty easy though

The genetics in this unit are as good as anywhere in Idaho, BUT as others have said the general season takes it's toll. Like many wintering grounds where you hunt late you can find a nice deer but there aren't many and the weather has to come or NO luck. Winter kill was bad there this year, per F&G, and they are already cutting tags because of it. Mostly fawns, but often rut weary bucks get included.

Used to hunt this unit a lot but gave it up because of the pressure.
Wife drew the late buck tag this year so we will be up there looking for a big one.
I drew bear and need to get up there and do some scouting for that. I don't know if it pays to scout for the late buck. seemed like they usually moved in there with the weather.

>If you know where to go
>there's 200" or better bucks
>in that unit.

I disagree. I don't want others to be misled as I doubt more than 10% of the bucks in this unit are over 3 years old, and less than 5% of those over 3 are 200"...or better! Yes that is 0.5%! I think there are up to 10000 deer in that unit, but less than 15% are bucks. Of course, I hope I am wrong. Feel free to show pics to prove me wrong.

The last few years have been much improved for that unit and I doubt more than 1 or 2, 200" bucks have been taken. I think it is good for 4-5 180+ a year.

Now I think unit 45 is good for 15-20 180"+ bucks and 1-3 200" bucks a year. I think the same for unit 40, but there are a lot more tags. Heck, unit 39 probably kills more 200" deer than 32 anymore.

What do you guys think, how many 200" deer do you think are killed in Idaho each year? I think 15-20, max.

Better question
How many of Idaho's 200 inch deer get killed during a season? How many are there? Very few get old enough in my opinion.
I would say 15 to 20 (killed) would be high number.
Still excited about this hunt. Should see a lot of deer and hopefully 1 good one.

I would say that the 200" inch mark is a bit to optimistic. I would say there might be 8-12 200" bucks killed a year in Idaho, and maybe only 3-5 tagged by hunters. I'm sure there are a lot more 180 bucks that people call 200", but a true 200 incher is not that common.
As far as Unit 32, I wouldn't pass on a 180 class buck, but thats just me.

Ya your right there probably isn't any real big ones in 32. I'm going hunting there but I'm just looking for a forkie. The hunting pressure is really high too. I like it there because its its not as steep as 39. If your looking for big bucks I would definitely check out other areas.

On Muledeercountry.com search banner year and it has pictures of deer that were harvested over 200" last year. Steve says that there were 20 bucks harvested by hunters that break the 200" mark taken in 2010. Yes, all but two were taken from draw units or hunts but there were two taken in general units.

>On Muledeercountry.com search banner year and
>it has pictures of deer
>that were harvested over 200"
>last year. Steve says that
>there were 20 bucks harvested
>by hunters that break the
>200" mark taken in 2010.
>Yes, all but two were
>taken from draw units or
>hunts but there were two
>taken in general units.

Good Point. Steve is a well known guy on here. Even he said it was the best year in DECADES to get to 20. He also didn't even mention 32 when he went down the list.

Spoke with steve personally at the sportsman show. Real nice guy had some info on areas he doesn't mention on his site.;)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom