Unit 32 Late Buck

Y

Yoyak

Anyone seen any giants up there? My dad drew the tag this year and he is hoping for something big. We know the unit pretty well and should be able to find something decent, but if anyone knows of a giant, 185 or better and doesn't mind sharing where they saw it, We'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Jason
859-4270

and if anyone knows the winning numbers for Wednesday's Powerball please call me. Josh 555.1234

just kidding - good luck on your hunt

"patience" 2 12 21 18 45 6, buddys seen a few nice bucks biggest maybe 180" the biggest i have seen has maybe 170ish do u know any of the major land owners in this unit? and if we do get one spotted how close to this unit r u ie. emmett boise caldwell?

All very helpful guys, thanks for the laughs. Seriously though, my dad lives in Emmett and has permission on some of Little's land. So he could probably get to one pretty quick if you got one spotted.

We were out there on Sat chasing a rumor of a 30" 4x5 but everything we saw was under 160" under 24" wide. We ran into a lot of cow hunters who told us they were seeing some nice bucks but we didn't see anything really nice.

I know its weird to ask for help and I've never asked before, but I figured its worth a shot. You never know what some cow or coyote hunter might have seen, and would be willing to share.

Brymoore- how big was that buck you saw?

I know of a 32" buck taken from there. From the photo I can't tell if it's a 4x5, 5x5, or a 5x6. It does have a drop tine. I can see if I can get permission to post. I hope he has more photos because this angle is not good.

i have a buddy with the tag so we've been up there a few times .....this weather coming in will help get some more deer down. We have seen a couple nice bucks 170 to 175 but thats the best we've been able to find. rough weather Sunday but the deer were out and bucks were showing signs of rut fianlly ........ it will only get better.

Ya, when we were up there all the bucks were putting on a show. Ears pinned back, chest puffed up, stiff front legs, lip curls, head drops and all the other stuff that makes my neck swell up just watching them. It was a blast just watching the little bucks do it.

hey, any luck yet?

I just got back from training in texas from the Air Force. i have been gone for six months so i have had no time to scout. I went out this weekend and covered a wide range of area.

I went up to the tree line above sweet just below ola, saw 17 bucks and some bulls but nothing of any size at all. I went up around squaw butte as well but again, nothing much.

maybe you could give me a little help??

I really think you guys think that tag is something it is not. It use to be real good 15 years ago. Now honestly if u come out of there witha 175+- buck u are doing good. Them big boys are few and far between not saying they aint there but honestly i think u need to lower ur standards if u dont have all season to hunt. Its better than tag soup..

went up today to cover some ground and pray that a cow had wandered down already. saw tons of deer. lots of small bucks, a few decent 4x4's and one really good four point. he was probably 26"-27" wide, and extremely heavy. if i had that buck tag, i would have for sure dumped him. lots of people up there, but noone anywhere near us. kind of suprising.

5918buck.jpg

Founs this buck in 32 this morning. Only a 3 point, but at 29.5" wide I couldn't pass him up. I only have this cell pic now, I'll post some good ones after they're downloaded. I don't know if you guys are still looking for a buck up there, but if so shoot me a PM and I'll try to help out. Only a couple days left so let me know.

Congrats on taking a fine buck, that is a trophy in my book any day. I love big three's!!

I hunted all over 32 the last several days and several nice bucks but nothing huge. I tried to find something that made that 30in. mark but with the storm that was rolling in and one day left for me to hunt, I think i did pretty well. I was by myself so i couldnt get to crazy and get stuck back in there. here are a couple pics from my hunt

150834_10150129675847516_504862515_8122202_2245751_n.jpg

155166_10150129675607516_504862515_8122194_5508828_n.jpg

Hey yoyak how did your dad do? Did you find righty this year? You still hit "the ranch" for that elk bone? We should get together this spring and find some sheds.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom