unit 31 oct

2hunt

Hi,
I got a unit 31 coues tage for the month of October. I have never hunted in October, I heard good and bad things. From what I have read the window of luck is very short! Nothing but "Glassing" which I enjoy doing. But a hunter still needs to be in an area were the deer are? I do not know were the deer are at this time of year ie: mountain tops, steep canyons ? Do the Deer migrate up high in the mountains to stay cool then work down as the tempatures drops?

Thx,
Denise

Take it for what its worth, but Duwane Adams is the authority on most southern units and if you cant afford a guide, he provides a great map service that will get you where the bucks are for a few bucks, 250.00 his map will give you specific spots he has glassed up bucks at that time of year and you will shorten the time it takes to locate quality animals........520-385-4995....... Allen Taylor......

I hunted there last year for bears and all I can suggest is that you pretend you were going to hunt for bears and you'll see deer. I saw so many good Coues bucks I had to go back in January to see if I was seeing things or not. In 4 days down there I saw only two, 3 point bucks and tons of small 2pts and spikes. I couldn't tell you where the biggins go in Jan. but they weren't where they were in Sept. I almost wish I had your tag but I've got a late hunt in 21.....yeeeeha! Seriously, if you've ever hunted bears before just look where the bears would be. I saw at least 2 bucks everyday that were in the 95-105" class and the biggest was knocking on B&C. I'd also suggest that you were glassing for at least 3 days prior to the hunt and be sitting on a nice buck opening AM cause there's gonna be lots of people in the woods. Hope that helped.
Josh

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom