Unit 27 Fall Bears

tkjwonta

Hunted bears this spring for the first time up in unit 12. Went 0 for 4 but still had lots of fun and we are thinking of trying it again in unit 27 this fall.

My main question is, if we hunt the second week of October (9th - 15th), will the bears still be out and about or will they already have denned up? Also, I have heard rumors that there are quite a few bears in this area, can anyone confirm?

Thanks for the help!

I know nothing about unit 27 but the bears should still be out and quite active at that time of year. Good luck.

In 28 they are still out and active. Last October 17th I passed on a beautiful Black (Cinnamon phase) Bear 70 yard shot. He was the most beautiful boar I have ever seen. Not too sure about the weight but guessed about 300lbs. His coat was glissening in the sunlight as he ran once scenting me! I have taken two others in years past, one with my bow and the other with a rifle. As far as seeing a bear in October...every season I happen to see them in both 27 and 28.
Good Luck
Paul
"Nice Rack" Taxidermy

I've been in Unit 27 during the time period you mentioned and never saw a bear. I wasn't hunting for a bear but I glassed every piece of country I could see. I talked with one hunter who saw a bear.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom