Unit 23 or 26 Moose Tag Holders

Zim

Very Active Member
Any of you out there have reviews of your moose hunts from this year in units 23 or 26? Just curious as I hunted just north of there. I have a buddy who can draw any of these next year.

I saw only 2 decent bulls while hunting in the overlap elk units.

A couple small bulls but only 2 decent bull moose and that includes bow hunting in Sept. and rifle hunting in October.

Not one single cow moose seen at all.

Robb

Whether I would recommend unit 26 or not depends what you are looking for. I had a tag for 26 this year and knew nothing about the unit prior to applying. If you just want to shoot a moose and have a good time, then 26 is a fine choice. If you are wanting to look over a bunch of 40+ inch bulls, I think you should avoid unit 26. I had a good time and a successful hunt but I saw only one bull that would exceed 40 inches in 13 days of hunting. I know there were several over 40 inches killed this year but they were not easy to come by. Luckily, I wasn't focused on killing a monster but instead was simply happy with having a fun hunt and exploring some new country. I ended up killing a respectable 35 inch bull on October 14th. Horniac was there a week later and stayed until early this week so I will let him post his opinion of unit 26.
Hoopscoach

"Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud"

I had a 26 tag last year and harvested a nice young 44" bull. I did see allot of moose and allot of young bulls. The bigger bulls seemed to be moore visable later in the season. Hunted deer one day this year and seen moore moose than deer! Will probably be helping a friend next year with a 26 tag.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom