UNIT 20 FOR MOOSE IN WYOMING

YukonDall

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-07 AT 05:07PM (MST)[p] ANY OF YOU FELLAS KNOW MUCH ABOUT UNIT TWENTY 20 JUST NORTH OF ALPINE FOR MOOSE??? I'VE GOT 9 MOOSE POINTS AND CAN DRAW IT IN 2008. INFO ON WOLVES, NUMBERS OF BULLS, QUALITY AND THE LIKE WOULD BE APPRICIATED. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME & INFO., THIS WILL BE MY LAST MOOSE HUNT I BELIEVE. THANKS AGAIN----YD.

unit 20 is very steep and is better with horses. Both unit 20 and 26 are great units.

THANKS, I WAS AFRAID IT WAS STEEP. I WILL CHECK IT OUT IN EARLY JULY. IS 23 A GOOD MOOSE CHOICE??? THANKS AGAIN HUNTIN100,...YD.

YD- I'm not sure about the numbers these days, but I see moose from my living room feeding on the mtn. side in 23.I live in Thayne. The country is steep and rough, with a bit more difficulty accessing it than 20 or 26. Not impossible, just more difficult from the west approach. You can easily get into it via Greys River from Alpine. Areasm 20 and 26 have numerous access points to get in the area. Personally I think 26 is a bit easier on the feet than the other 2 options.

Biggest Bull Moose I have ever seen was in 23 not too far from Moose Flat Campground. Just up the road a short distance is the Moose Ranger Cabin and a trail behind the place. Went up to a deadend road and walked about a 1/4 mile and dropped off that road and worked my way down to the main road. There was a very heavely wooded area in there with water and feed and had two Big Bulls watch me as I worked my way around them in there. Two days later, an old man from Redding, CA bagged the biggest one there.

Two years later the same spot in there still had Moose hanging out in there. As one of the fellas in camp had shot a 5x5 Bull Elk in there too and told us the Moose were in there still.

Brian

YD- I have hunted 'H' deer on that side of the Snake River Canyon and yeh.. it is straight up for a ways but I did see alot of bull moose.

Ya ever consider the moose unit to the immediate south?

Robb

I HAVE A BUDDY THAT WILL BE WITH ME ON THE HUNT AND HE HAS A MILD HEART CONDITION.....SO A COUPLE OF THOSE UNITS TO THE SOUTH LOOK GOOD. THE GREYS IS A GOOD OPTION, AND WOLVES ARENT THERE YET IN BIG NUMBERS. I'LL BE THERE IN 2 WEEKS TO LOOK IT ALL OVER. THANKS...ROCKET, KILOWATT, & PLEASEDEAR FOR THE INFO......MAY THE TAG GODS SMILE ON YOU.....YD.

Thanks for the good wishes, YD, the tag gods did smile on me. Sent you a pm.

PR

WELL,....I PUT ON 3,200 MILES ON THAT LITTLE EXCURSION. (9 STATES) LOOKED OVER ALOT ON COUNTRY, INCLUDING WYOM. MOOSE UNIT 20...IT LOOKED GOOD TO ME. ROCKET, I PASSED YOUR AREA AT 7;15 AM ON THE 11TH OF JULY...COULD NOT GET IT TO FLY W/THE WIFE AT THAT HOUR. I AM GOING TO BURN MY MOOSE POINTS IN 2008, THIS YEAR ITS ELK & DEER. TAKE CARE ....YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom