unit 19 moose

H

hornetcreek

Hey guys, drew my second choice on moose, if anyone has any info they wouldn't mind sharing on unit 19 moose sightings or past hunts please pm me. I know this unit has been down for a few years but would appreciate any info regardless of how long ago you hunted it. huntfish714 I sent you a pm.

Drew it in 2003 hunted 10 days in the Gospel Hump area and never seen a decent bull. Elk hunt there every year early and late and never seen a moose since. Unfortunately me and my buddy drew it this year as well with a second chance. We are going to try our old areas in the Gospels but I believe the wolves have really put a hurting on them.

riverrat, thanks for posting, hope you guys have better luck this time around.

19 used to be a real great unit. Spent a lot of time in there over the years. Really gone down hill. Hate to be the bear of bad news but I have yet to see a bull(moose) in the unit and the deer and elk numbers are probably one of the lowest in the state. Shame for such a beautiful area!

LAST EDITED ON May-23-12 AT 11:11AM (MST)[p]What a shame....those bastids that introduced and allowed those friggin wolves to wipeout an entire resource. Man oh man.

Best of luck, keep your chins up. I'm hoping that they haven't been too hard on the bighorn in my unit 20-a.

LAST EDITED ON May-24-12 AT 12:33PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-24-12 AT 12:33?PM (MST)

At least you are hunting moose! Good luck to you. If it were me I would look at hiring a guide just for a drop camp or what they call a semi-guided hunt. Since this is a OIL tag. I know not everyone can afford it but financing on a credit card with a low rate can be very doable. Guides can point you in the right direction at least.

Oh yeah. buy some damn wolf tags too!!!

Mike Henne

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom