Unit 141 deer

Overall, its down right now. A few good bucks come out of the area every year whether local or migratory bucks. Its nothing like it was 4-7 yrs ago. Region H deer wintered well this year. Hope that helps in a few years.

Really 12 to 15 years ago was the time to have that tag. Still a fun hunt im sure...

Really 12 to 15 years ago was the time to have that tag. Still a fun hunt im sure...
Actually, 15 yrs ago you only had 2 weeks. Deer populations peaked from 2012-16. I know 5 local guys that drew last year. They took 1 medium sized buck first week. Others waited till the very end and ate tags. Weather late season was fantastic with cold and snow. Deer just where just not plentiful. But like I said, a few good bucks are taken every year. The only difference between 141 and a Region G or H general tag right now is the opportunity to hunt mule deer later.

Actually, 15 yrs ago you only had 2 weeks. Deer populations peaked from 2012-16. I know 5 local guys that drew last year. They took 1 medium sized buck first week. Others waited till the very end and ate tags. Weather late season was fantastic with cold and snow. Deer just where just not plentiful. But like I said, a few good bucks are taken every year. The only difference between 141 and a Region G or H general tag right now is the opportunity to hunt mule deer later.
Those in the know, know. In 2009 or 2010 they changed where you could hunt so the best spots are no longer available when the time is right. That affected the unit greatly. Yes they gave you more time at the beginning of Oct but that's not what made that hunt special. Right about 2007 Eastmans etc started finding out about it too.

I remember seeing a buddies dad passing up a buck that would net over 200" on that hunt while sitting in his truck. And then a year or two before he shot a buck that had trash all over, droptines and mass. A kid put the finishing shot in it and he let him have it. The last time I hunted it we killed a buck that scored 212. Saw another buck that day that was probably in the low 190s. Season date changes "ruined" that hunt, but it was probably for the better for the health of big bucks.

I wouldn't waste my time hunting most that unit beginning of Oct. Its a migration hunt.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom