unit 13

C

chessidawg

who has hunted this unit for deer/ elk and who is already have there controlled apps filled out ready to mail and who has plan A plan B and plan C in place if needed

I'm guessing 80% is private land with an outfitter leasing a large area,and the rest are ranches that for the most part don't allow hunting. The remaining public is mostly state land, and to put it mildly is a freaking ZOO !! There are alot of Elk,and good Whitetail and Mullies,but again on private. The odds are 60% for either sex Elk,and 100% first choice Cow Elk. About 60% on Mule Deer. If you had access to a jet boat,and were in really great shape, the opportunities are enhanced! Good Luck..

I agree. The odds look really good on paper, and you may even talk yourself into hunting all those public lands that you find on the map...but don't think you're the only one that has thought of that. Your energy is better spent elsewhere. If you look at the harvest stats you will see good numbers, but a lot of those are from locals that have connections with the ranchers and have hunted that area for years, and down through the generations. I hunted it for two years, and the only luck you will find is if someone happens to push them off the private and they come through the patchwork of state and blm. It is tent and camper city up there, in state, and out of state. Good luck...but I'd advise against it after going through it myself.

okay i always have a pln B I often wondered about this unit with both of you saying what you did looks like i wont concider it thanks for the info

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom