Unit 11A whitetail

O

onfootbowhunter

Just wondering if anyone has bow hunted this unit in the rut. Looks like some Access Yes property is available but, not sure if it gets hunted hard or if good quality bucks live in these areas. Any info would be appreciated.

The Access Yes property does get hit hard. Your better bet woulf be to hunt unit 11 in Waha where there is a lot of State land and the people are spread out more; big whitetail bucks get shot up there every year.. A lot of that access yes in 11a is steeper than the Grand Canyon, and what is not usually has a lot of vehicles parked at it all season.

You do know that the rut hunt in 11a is open to any weapon? So there would be a lot of other gun hunters in any place that was access yes or state.

That being said, you might be able to find some ground that is private and open to archery only. It might take you a long time, and a lot of door knocking to find it, but it is possible.

You would be better off hutning the early archery only season in 11a. You can get the geneeral tag, and shoot either a muley or whitey. Both are easy to find, and pattern that time of year. 11a is a sleeper unit for big mule deer. You got ot have the access though, and it is not easy to get.

Thanks for the information. I will do some research and scouting before I consider a particular unit. I want to hunt them with my bow during the rut. Hoping to find private property for that.

i have some good info on 11a access yes for the early hunt you cam pm me if u want it. the rut is very tough to bowhunt because people lob shots accross the canyons with rifles at pretty much anything they find.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom