Uninvited guest while hunting

RELH

Long Time Member
LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-14 AT 09:30AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-14 AT 09:29?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-14 AT 09:17?AM (MST)

How would like to be sitting in a blind hunting pigs with your son when this univited guest pokes his head inside of your blind. 8.5 feet long, 22 rattles, head 5 inches wide and fangs 2.5 inches long.
The son shot the snake in the head with his 22 cal. pistol.

Sorry guys, for some reason the photo would not upload

RELH

He could have just tasered the snake?:) J/K!!!

That would end my pig hunting career, at least from a blind.

Eel

Is this the one? The story sounds the same.

228beui5jccuaa0eda.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-14 AT 03:50PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jan-23-14 AT 03:46?PM (MST)

Eel that is the photo. My hunting partner's son sent it to me by email. He got it off of another hunting site. I would have preferred a shotgun to kill that monster instead of a 22lr pistol. The story was very liberal on the amount of rattles at 22, I count 13 and a button.

RELH

Do you relize how many knife sheaths I could make from that skin. Opps, I forgot CA. will not allow me to use protected rattlesnake's skin for knife sheaths anymore.

Cut the skin in thirds and send each one of "our" dear sweet ladies a piece and tell them it is for doing such a good job for us......yuck!

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I was going to call B/S on this one.. but after looking up stuff on the intertube this just might be possible. Eastern Diamond Back rattlers can get huge. THANKS RELH for the nightmares.

Slick

"The Road goes on forever & the Party never Ends"

Geezus! No way I could pull myself together and shoot it in the head. I'd probably just curl up in the fetal position and wait for it to swallow me whole!

I never did measure this one. There's about a foot of him on the ground. Shot him once as he coiled; the second exit hole is where a bunny popped out.

My neighbor and I were walking back to camp and he stepped over a log...but the log moved.

ImportedPhotos00311.jpg

I would have called BS up until last weekend. While in TX I saw the skin of a buzztail nailed to a 2 X 8 that was close to 8 ft long. It was killed 2 summers ago. The rancher said he had seen a couple others that size.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom