Unemployment

heartshot

Very Active Member
The Dutton posts got me thinking that we probably have a good number of MM members that are currently unemployed.

It you're in this boat maybe you can give us some information on your skills and expertise along with a little demographic information.

Perhaps someone here will know of an opening. If not we can keep our eyes and ears open for you. It's worth a shot.

If you are unemployed our prayers go out to you.

heartshot

Sounds fair enough to me!

I'm a 55 yr old self employed licensed plumbing contractor living in the mountains of N.Eastern part of Calif.

I have a bid in for a good sized 11 unit remodel project but if it doesn't come thru for me, when i get back from Wy around Nov 1st, i'll be pretty much unemployed until Spring!

If someone might have a smaller project in mind that can use a fairly handy guy that has basic knowledge, a wide variety of construction experience, skills, and maintenance, i just might be interested. I'm basically looking for winter work and if i can see clear, would be acceptable to travel.

Presently, i'm fully licensed and insured. My basic rate is $70. p/hr, definitely will negotiate that rate as staying afloat is paramount. I come with fully stocked truck and tools!

Joey

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-09 AT 02:36PM (MST)[p]This is a good/refreshing post!

My father is trying to get back to Utah from AZ but the market is pretty crappy for findin jobs. His wife and my 'lil sister live here and since he cant sell his house in AZ due to the crappy housing market in Pheonix area (Surprise, AZ) and has no good job prospects here (after many attmepts), he can't just up and leave his security there to be with the family here. My dad has been AZ while my step-ma/sister have been here, for almost exactly a year! (Ouch!)

He is pretty well rounded in Construction with his current job - Insurance Restoration and is a Master at his Original trade (Drywall / Finishing).

If anyone knows of something close to the Insurance Restoration or similar job with benefits, it would be of great help so that we can bring this awesome outdoorsman back to Utah!

Thanks in advance...

?-Erick-> ?

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-09 AT 04:02PM (MST)[p]We are extremely slow at work and today I filed for unemployment.

I've got five years land surveying experience, 2-1/2 years ACAD experience. My experience mainly constists of oil & gas surveying which includes: boundary, topographical, pipeline, road layout and construction staking.

If anyone needs some survey work done I have a licensed surveyor that I work under. We can perform any kind of survey work you may need. We are located in Silt,CO and are willing to work anywhere on the western slope. PM me or call Lauren @970-319-8219

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom