Under Armor

bullskin

Very Active Member
I have no particular interest in Under Armor and, frankly, don't hear anyone I know complaining that they let the Bowmar's advertising contract go. But some in the press seem intent on stirring this pot, claiming that Under Armor's rejection of the Bowmar's equates to a rejection of hunters in general. I would be curious to hear what MM members think about this.

I suppose most of you are out, actually hunting, rather than reading the bloody paper and could not care less. I don't blame you, but my tag isn't good until late September and so I have time to kill. My own opinion is that UA's rejection of the Bowmars is not a rejection of hunting--it is simply the rejection of poor taste. It appears that their only motivation to spear a bear was to have something to post for their peeps, and grandstanding is not hunting. In fact, it is the very antithesis of hunting, which is to establish one's connection with the world--a very sober and personal action which the Bowman's and too many TV "hunters" make a mockery of. This is a very poor example to set, and the sooner the real hunting community realizes this, the better. Under Armor has done the hunting industry a favor, or so I believe.

Which leads to my question. How many of you think that television hunting programs are hurting rather than helping our sport over the long-term? Is Ted Nugent, as a spokesman for hunters, as ridiculous as Donald Trump as a spokesman for America? (Criticism not to be confused with support for Hillary Clinton, who is an absurdity of equal stature)

I Don't Really Understand what all's Going Down with UA But:

I Bought My 1st Pair of UA Hunting Boots!

They're Lightweight!

But More like Shoes!

The Soles Ain't gonna Protect the Bottom of My Feet in the Rocky Conditions We Hunt in!

UA Calls them Boots!

I Call them Shoes!

It Ain't Easy Finding 4E Width Hunting Boots!

Uncle Ted Likes Running His Mouth!(Kinda like TRUMP!)

I Won't Argue that!

And Almost has a Gasm over shooting a Doe at a Corn Flicker!

But I'll Give Him One Credit!

I Doubt Anybody anywhere is gonna Take His Guns away from Him!

It's SAD!

It's DISGRACEFUL!

It'll make You F'N SICK!

That these are the two Best Nominee's the United States can come up with!

Back to TOPIC!

UA Best be Real Careful if they Rely on Hunters/Sportsmen to Support them!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

I've been wearing UA boots (shoes) for 5 seasons now and couldn't be more impressed. Yes they are super light weight and i was worried about the soft soles in rocks but i was wrong. Those soles grip rocks like suction cups and give insane traction. I've put them through hell and not one tear in the soles and the support is still firm. I absolutely love UA boots and won't ever go back to anything else.

The shows I watch usually make a point of mentioning where the meat will go. To their freezer, local food bank, friends and family, or to a local tribe. That's my main concern is the animal isn't being killed just for tv. Think of guys like Jim Shokey as a spokesman for us not just Crazy uncle Ted. I think Jim is one of the best representatives for us. Not all shows do a good job of this but a lot do. And most of them will only take a broadside shot off of sticks for the ideal ethical shot. So I think they actually help to show the uneducated our world at its best, until something like the Bowmars comes on tv.

LAST EDITED ON Sep-13-16 AT 08:03AM (MST)[p]> I Don't Really Understand what
>all's Going Down with UA
>But:
>
>I Bought My 1st Pair of
>UA Hunting Boots!
>
>They're Lightweight!
>
>But More like Shoes!
>
>The Soles Ain't gonna Protect the
>Bottom of My Feet in
>the Rocky Conditions We Hunt
>in!
>
>UA Calls them Boots!
>
>I Call them Shoes!
>
>It Ain't Easy Finding 4E Width
>Hunting Boots!
>
>Uncle Ted Likes Running His Mouth!(Kinda
>like TRUMP!)
>
>I Won't Argue that!
>
>And Almost has a Gasm over
>shooting a Doe at a
>Corn Flicker!
>
>But I'll Give Him One Credit!
>
>
>I Doubt Anybody anywhere is gonna
>Take His Guns away from
>Him!
>
>It's SAD!
>
>It's DISGRACEFUL!
>
>It'll make You F'N SICK!
>
>That these are the two Best
>Nominee's the United States can
>come up with!
>
>Back to TOPIC!
>
>UA Best be Real Careful if
>they Rely on Hunters/Sportsmen to
>Support them!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U.
>in My Future,Ya She's got
>a
>way with Words[/font]
>
>

It is my understanding that the MRS had a gig with UA. Then UA found out about the spear thing with her husband and cut her contract. Kind of a shittttty thing to do.

Meat eater, Jim Shockey, Randy Newberg, and Steve's Outdoor Adventures do a good job in portraying hunters. There are likely other, but those 4 come to mind.

Good point on Shockey. I am sure there must be others, but I am so turned off that I have dropped the Outdoor Channel, etc.

If you shoot an animal with a high powered rifle, some people cry it's not sporting and call you a coward. They suggest you hunt with a spear to give the animal a chance, like they did 300 years ago.

Kill one with a spear and you're cruel and need to die.

Me? I'm not that sensitive I guess, and don't care to placate ignorance.

You will never please the anti hunters with any show or type of weapon used. The people we should be concerned with are the uneducated that vote and can easily be swayed. The better we look to them the less easy they are swayed by anti's. Most regular folks are realistic people that realize this is how humans lived not that long ago, but are being more and more disconnected from the truth everyday.

I haven't seen the UA tv show Ridge Reapers this year, I looked at the website and couldn't find any information, anybody know what's going on with it?

Mark

No Ridge Reaper this year. Jason said he's really busy with EPIC and I think it was a pricy adventure as well. Heard they may post some YouTube short videos but have not seen them just yet.

>I've been wearing UA boots (shoes)
>for 5 seasons now and
>couldn't be more impressed. Yes
>they are super light weight
>and i was worried about
>the soft soles in rocks
>but i was wrong. Those
>soles grip rocks like suction
>cups and give insane traction.
>I've put them through hell
>and not one tear in
>the soles and the support
>is still firm. I absolutely
>love UA boots and won't
>ever go back to anything
>else.
>
>
>
>
>

Damn PUNK!

You must not be as Tender Footed as Me!:D

And GUARANTEED Your Feet ain't as F'ed Up as Mine!

You Can't Beat the Light Weight of the UA that's for sure!

[font color="blue"]She put a Big F.U. in My Future,Ya She's got a
way with Words[/font]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom