UFC this weekend?

K

KILLERBEE

i just caught a bit on the " Jim Rome" show today, something being " very bad for Dana White" and " an after the fight brawl makes this not a sport"

so what did i miss?

don't know about the dana white deal but the after fight brawl took place after the strike force main event where jake ( i can't believe he beat dan henderson ) shields beat dan ( what the hell happened to me since i left the ufc ) henderson. after the fight miller budged in the interview asking about a rematch and shields pushed him and that turned into a jersey style beatdown by shields crew. if that crap happened in the ufc there would be some hell to pay to dana.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-10 AT 10:52PM (MST)[p]wow. doesn't "ufc" own strike force now? maybe thats why he said this wasn't good for Dana White?
thanks for the fill in though. i cant believe Dan henderson got beat in strike force?? WTH? wasn't he just fighting for a 205 belt in UFC a year ago?

I watched it and I think Dan came down to 185 for the match.

Brian
xvvgp.jpg

The UFC does not own strikeforce. They own WEC. Dana White was upset because he's tried hard to get the public away from thinking of MMA as gladiators in the ring fighting "to the death" and has been trying to get people to look at it as a sport, and he felt like what happened threw a wrench into it. These guys claim to be "disciplined" martial artists, and they get into a brawl on national tv. You can even see them kick him while he's down. Dana White hates strikeforce, so of course he's going to say something bad about it.

Dan Henderson has many fights at 185. His classic Bisping KO was at 185, and he fought Anderson at 185.

Dan is still a Tough SOB. But like everything else age has caught up with him. If he could of stayed on his feet he would of won I think, But getting taken down and worked was hard to watch.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

The Diaz brothers are pieces of $hit. They jumped Mayhem prison style and were head kicking him in front of everyone. Afterwards they gave their typical stoner interviews....idiots. Strikeforce is a joke. I like Dan, but he picked a sinking ship......Fedor will be in the UFC by the end of the year.

go here to see all the videos - www.mmascraps.com

-----------------------------------------------
http://andymansavage.blogspot.com/

>Dan is still a Tough SOB.
>But like everything else age
>has caught up with him.
>If he could of stayed
>on his feet he would
>of won I think, But
>getting taken down and worked
>was hard to watch.

I hear you Gator. I thought Dan was going to walk through him, especially after that first round. Dan is a great finisher but he got a lot of crap over the follow-up shot that damn near killed Bisping. I think that was in his head. He should have finished Shields that first round. Props to Shields for implementing his fight plan the rest of the fight though.

Andyman, I hope you are right. I would love to see Fedor in the UFC.

"The value of any trophy from the field depends not on its size but on the magnitude of the effort expended in its pursuit." ~ Aldo Leopold

i did some looking - heres a link to an interview with nick diaz, i think he might be stoned :)

and this is a link to the brawl

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom