UFC Liddell and Silva

E

elkslayer54

Who's gonna win??? Personally I think Wanderlei is gonna beat the crap out of Chuck. KO 1 round, Chuck is good But he is comming off of two losses, Jardine was a joke, Chuck should have won that fight easily, We will see Sat.

I also think St Pierre is gonne whoop Hughes again.

I think you are wrong on BOTH fights. Liddell must win or retire, so I thin khe will be highly motivated. GSP got short notice to fight Hughes, he usually likes at least 3 months to train for a specific fighter, he got less than 30 days for this one, plus Hughes wants a chance to throttle that loud mouth Serra. JMHO.

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

Huges will take out GSP no problem and the Iceman will handle his business. Great fights though!

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

I like Hughes and would like to see him win. I bet he takes GSP to the ground and tries to stay there this time. I read that GSP had been training with the Canadian olympic team before he got the call and said he was in fighting shape and has a plan a, b, c, and so on this time,claims his personal life got in the way of his fighting last time (Serra) and that won't happen again.

Chuck is comeing off two loses, Rampage is one thing but he should have been able to beat Jardine easly. Silva is comeing in after being KO'ed by Henderson and I really think he will come out like a bull in a china shop. He wants to get back on track and make a name for himself in the UFC like he had in Pride. I like the Iceman but my money will be on the Axe Murderer.

If Silva come in like a Bull he will go out like a lamb, Chuck can put you to sleep with either hand kind of like Hollywood did to him. For Silva to win it got to be a slow and calucated(sp) fight.

Hughes all the way, it will be a takedown and pound fight this time around.

Hughes is a good guy, but St Pierre will own him. The fight that Hughes won was a fluke IMO , and the fight that St Pierre took was what I would expect 8 out of 10 times.

Silva is a monster and chuck has wanted him for years. I don't think that coming off a loss in mma is a big deal, as long as you weren't destroyed (cro cop). I have no prediction for this one , two devastating strikers like these are hard to pick. Silva used to eat guys alive in the bare knuckle leagues , so he's not afraid of getting hit. Chuck is a brawler too, should be awesome either way.
My buddy just got called out of state on business so I have to go find a place to watch it or fork out the Dough myself now. Oh well, should be worth it.

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.trophyblogger.com/Andymansavage

Chuck and George.

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Great fights tonight.

After watching Silva train on Spike I thought Liddell was outmatched. Wrong. Liddell hammered Silva. One of the best fights the UFC has put on in a while. Silva is one tuff dude. He took Liddells best shots and stood in there the whole fight.

Not suprised at all that GSP owned Hughes. Can't wait for GSP and Serra rematch.

The Pride fighters haven't done as well as I thought they would in the UFC. Makes you wonder????

Really does make you wonder about the Pride guys. None of them have done well. Steroids? Definitely something you have to look at. They weren't doing the testing in Japan and then they come here, where you will be tested, and are not performing like they were in Japan. Silva is such an aggressive fighter and he looked way too tentative tonight. Yeah...you have to avoid Chuck's reach and be cautious of his hands but he just looked rigid and afraid all night. Sokoudjo (?) had wins over Arona and Noguiera in Japan and then gets handled by Machida here. I think Machida is a great fighter but all those things make you wonder. Shogun is the same with his fight against Forrest. Anyways...that's a long response to what chukar said and I was always the one saying the Pride guys were the real deal. More and more I want to see Couture vs Emelianenko.

2 of them are champs out of the 4 weight classes. Their best guy, Fedor, hasnt had any fights. And the only reason Hendo isn't champ is because a pride fighter beat him. I just wish we had more fights...... These guys aren't getting any younger!

buck1.gif

Later, Brandon

Loved the card. I'm puzzled with the Pride Fighters as well, in the ring, these guys flat out bring it and stand toe to toe and throw down and look to be just awesome, but when they enter the octagon the UFC fighters are for the better part having thier way.I thought Chuck was headed to retirement but be sure blasted Silva pretty good.Hughes got taken to the wood shed, GSP is just at a whole different level and hope he knocks the crudd out of Sera.Browtine, I agree, these guys aren't getting younger and a pay-per-view every other month just isn't enough to have top ranked fights, theres just too many guys waiting around....

I liked what Liddell said, "We're just swinging. That's just good, old-fashioned, stand there and bang each other." haha! GSP is a freaken animal too, he is built like a tank. Hughes would shoot in but couldn't wrap his arms around those tree trunks for legs. Serra & GSP is gonna be good. MMA reminds me of the movie Blood Sport....that used to be my favorite back in the day.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom