UFC 154

Wiszard

Long Time Member
I figured it was going to be GSP 49-46. Figured GSP would start off slow and giving Condits conditioning and octogan intelligence be able to take it a full 5 rounds. I was right....but it should have actually been 50-45 so thats my bad. The head kick Condit landed in the 3rd didn't out perform the ground and pound GSP had in the same round so I'm not sure how the judges gave Condit the round...but oh well.

What surprised me the most is the big hands of Hendricks over Kampman got my goose. Can you say "Fitch"? Hendricks knocked out Jon Fitch the same exact way he knocked out Martin Kampman. I was pulling for Kampman. I thought he'd be able to wait Hendricks out and then submit him in the later rounds as he did to his last opponent....Alves I think. Johnny Hendricks is no joke. He knocked Kampman out with a left hook that followed a right jab. What gets me is that Hendricks knock out punch was a punch that looked like he had nothing behind it. He was standing straight up....the guys got massive power. He should get a title shot next. He can most definitely knock GSP out and if they fight, my money will be on Hendricks to be the next 170 pound champ. Sick....I know...but it is going to happen. The dude is a beast in all forms of the word. Thoughts?

Steve
Hell, it's bigger than anything BESS has killed.

And what about the Cote-Sakara fight? How do the judes just give a unanimous decision after 1 round? Never seen that before...but judges got that wrong. Am I wrong or should they have DQ'ed Sakara? Cote was hurt badly prior ot the strikes to the back of the head that put Cote out? How can you give Cote a win after beig badly hurt just because his opponent used illegal strikes? IMO, Sakara loses via disqualification and Cote doesn't get the win.

Steve
Hell, it's bigger than anything BESS has killed.

I thought only one judge gave the round to Condit. Anyway, it was easy to score although Condit put up a hell of a fight. I wish he had been more aggressive, but it was an awesome blood bath. GSP is just too freakin good, and he'll be too good for Hendricks as well. That dude is a beast with that left, and yeah his wrestling is top notch, but unless he knocks out GSP in the first, his conditioning wont let him out of the 3rd.

What I was amazed about is the Henderson/Diaz fight in two weeks on Fox. How can Dana put that POS Diaz on Fox? That can't be good for the UFC's image.

It was a great fight, I feel bad for Condit, I've been a long time fan of his, he gave it a heck of a go but GSP was simply better. They were both really busted up by the end of the fight though!

I was really wanting to see Condit get the win and then I figured that would set up a GSP vs Nick Diaz fight, I want to see Nick Diaz take a beating!

Hendricks has HUGE, Scary power in his left hand!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom