UFC 125- Draw?

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Tough call on the Edgar-Maynard fight tonight. I see a cause for the draw but I also see a cause for Edgar winning the fight 48-47. Was the first round a 10-8 round? I only believe in giving an 8 point round to someone who is not trying to improve position, trying to survive. I feel an 8 point round should only be given to a fighter who is just absorbing punishment without trying to get up or get out of the bad situation. Edgar was none of the above mentioned. For example, the Silva-Vera fight. Vera was doing nothing in the 3rd round to deserve a 9 point round. What do you think of the "draw" decision? One more reason you don't want to leave it in the judges hands.

Steve
I got put in time out for a bad signature! Sorry Founder...

I definately think it was a 10-8 round. Just trying to survive the most single handed beating he's ever taken isn't cause for a point. I do believe Edgar stayed busier the 5th round and should have earned the nod. Maynard punched himself out and cost me money!
Thiago looked good. Vera's nose damn sure didn't!

I had it scored a draw.
1st 10-8 Maynard
2nd 10-9 Edgar
3rd 10-9 Maynard
4th 10-9 Edgar
5th 10-9 Edgar

Edgar showed incredable heart surviving the 1st! Kudos to the ref for letting it go and kudos to UFC for giving them both win bonuses as well as Fight of the night bonuses.
It was a great night of fights! and having the prelims on ION worked out alright also.

I thought the first was 10-8 and I thought Edgar won the next 4 rounds, although a draw is arguable too.

Did you see the size difference between them? As small as Frankie is, he can sure hold his own.

I think Vera's MMA Career is over .Not only having his nose beat to the side of his face and caved in ,Thiago actually open handed ,spanked Vera on his ass before returning to smashing his nose.At one point it looked like Silva was playing the drums on Veras back.Probly the worst broken nose I have seen in an MMA fight .I hope someone post a pic .

Broken-Nose.jpg

He was extremely embarrased about the whole thing. That was obvious. He may have one more fight in the UFC but it will be a must win.

Steve

Talk about adding Insult to Injury ,Brandon Vera has been released from his contract with the UFC.

Damn, that's got to suck having surgeries after consecutive fights, then getting fired. He was too cocky for my liking anyway.

In the start of the third round, Vera connected with either a kick or a punch and threw his hands up like it was a big accomplishment. We all laughed. He then went on to be beat to a pulp. Sucks for him to have been released. Not a good way to go out. There haven't been too many that have been "let go". The only other one I can think of is Kalib Starnes. Who else has been let go?

Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom