Type of Dog say something about you?

Feleno

Long Time Member
Do you thing the type of dog(s) you have say something about your personality or what kind of person you are. what kind of dogs you own and does it reflect who you are? I don't dare say what I own.

When I was young and lean I owned a german shorthair pointer. I loved those dogs I like walking up behind a solid point and getting the good dog work. Now that I'm fatter and older I have a yellow lab thats as heavy as me and we work the pheasants at the same pace. I still have the rteflexes of a 21 year old.
Driftersifter

It think it very much does. I mean no dissrespenct, but dont go to the city with your jack. When I lived in DC all the gay men in the town owned jacks, it was crazy, you'd see three or four gay guys together each walking 2-3 jacks what a laugh that was . . . I think it would be accurate to say that Jacks are the official dog of the gay pride movement. . .

Just my observation, nothing personal against anyone. . .

First and foremost I'm a bird dog guy, but I'm not snobbish about it. I don't get into the pointers versus flushers fights, that being said I own two Labs and an English Pointer. I hunt with all of them.

What...you have a Yorksire terrier or a Pappillion or a Pekignese or some other fussy little dog, Feleno? A bichon??? LOL

KKK
:) No but one of my dogs is a Dachshund (aka weiner dog). I know I'm going to catch flack over that one.

Tfinal,

Good thing I don't have any intention of going to DC. Sparkey would bite them in the groin and get us both introuble. Uh, what kind of dog did you walk when you lived in DC?

beanman

Feleno could own the biggest baddest dog around.....but it would still be wearing a matching sweater if they went for a walk! j/k

I think it's like kids.....dogs and kids become like their parents. Crazy, Nurotic people have similar kids and/or dogs! Well rounded smart people have similar kids/dogs.

I even think they start looking like each other after a while!

Guys trust me I like the weiner but I like my wifes Bearded Collie much better :)
I'm just glad I don't own a Cocker or a Whippet or who knows where you guys would have went with this

drannan
The wife does put the Ducsh it a sweater. it ain't cute and I know he hates it.

While in DC I walked my own dog into a few beavers but thats about it. I use to raise Australian cattle dogs (dingo/healers). I owned one Border collie, about 40 Australian cattle dogs, and one German Sheppard. over the course of my life.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-29-08 AT 07:16PM (MST)[p]I'm willing to bet Feleno's dog has been neutered or altered in some way. Personally I like my miss Lilly, the most beautiful beagle in the world ... next to that stud UNO that won the Westminster "Best of Show" LOL!

47c8badf024dabd0.jpg

RUS

SOUNDS LIKE Feleno HAS A PISSCUTTER!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

Black Lab. Other than a couple German Shorthairs and a Chesapeake we had when I was a kid, it's been all Labs, all the time. My wife bought herself an English Cocker about 20 something years ago, it was dumber than a rock. Nice dog, didn't live that long, and I told her, NEVER AGAIN. Current lab is 11 years old and starting to fade. Next dog will be either a black or a golden, and I'll probably get it in the next year.

Nice dog nv. I like Germans and Pointers. They can go forever. I sure liked my Cheasepeakes, but they die young and you have to put them to sleep as their hips go. I will never do that again.

My German Shorthair is an idiot and could not hunt his way out of a box, but he is the most loyal dog I have seen. Keeps an eye on the place real good also.

Hunters, I own 7 Walker coyote hounds. Big, rugged, fast, and coyote catchers. I never shoot the coyotes, just have my hounds to hunt, trail, jump, chase, catch and kill. Six males and one female.
Occasionally, they will tree a bobcat and I just leave the cat where I found him exactly as I found him. Good Hunting.

I own a brittany. This is the only dog I have owned but growing up my dad would only own britts.

This dog I have now is about the oddest britt I have ever seen. He is mellow as can be and doesn't trust a sole other than me, my wife and kids.

If he doesn't trust you he won't go anywhere near you. He loves the outdoors, loves running, knows that guns leaving the house equals FUN and hates cats, I guess I am not much different.

?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

I have a Black Mouth Cur, arguably one of the toughest smartest breeds alive today. Not a really well known dog unless your from the south or have hunted wild hogs, but it is a super dog. Great for bear and cat as well as a awesome cow dog. The book Old Yeller was written about a BMC.

Son

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom