two way radios

deadI

Very Active Member
If you were going to get a pair of two way radios would you go with Motorola or Midlands.

I have a pair of Motorolas right now and am not happy with them, but i know of others that have them and love them. I know it probably depends on the model.

If you use Midlands which model to you like?
If you use Motorolas which model to you like?

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I started out with Motorolas, and I now have Midlands. First off, their range is not anywhere near what the claim to be ( all brands) Secondly, even though both Motorola and Midland radios offer GSMS channels, we have had trouble picking up conversation between the brands.
I certainly like my midlands better, and the GXT950VP4 that I have has noticably much better range than my previous Midlands. Last year was the first time that I could consistantly use them at around 5-6 miles in hilly terrain.

The older Motorolas were very good, the new ones have not done a good job for me. I am still looking for a good radio like they made 10 years ago.

THAT IS WHAT I HAVE FOUND, MY DADS RADIO THAT IS ABOUT 8 YEARS OLD IS AWSOME BUT MY NEWER ONES SUCK, THE SPEAKERS ARE HORRIBLE AT BEST.

DeadI/Jared
46e8aeb1660028c5.gif

I would like to know what is up with this as well.

My old talk about is pretty dang relable. Not a ton of range, no options, but at least it will talk with just about any radio and the speaker sounds good.

I bought two new motorollas, high end ones with lots of options.... they do about every thing except talk to each other or any other raido for that matter! They suck. I messed up and did not send them back last fall and now the warenty is expired I guess.

what model of midlands do you like the best. I need to find some good ones before I leave on my hunts.
Thanks

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom