Two Tags in Two Days!!

Daxter

Very Active Member
I found out that after applying for a buck pronghorn tag for the last 6 years I drew two tags for this fall! I have been applying for speed goats in AZ, NV, WY, and ID. I didn't have max points in WY and drew unit 88 west of Pinedale, and I put in on a whim last minute with a friend for unit 40 in Idaho and drew there too! I am so excited and hope that between the two units I can get a goat in the 75"+ range for the wall. I know they aren't primo units, but I am so excited to have the chance to get out and hunt. I didn't think I had a much of a shot at either of the tags, but the deer tags I thought I was a shoe-in to draw this year both eluded me. I will take the luck where I can get it, but I sure hope some mule deer tag drawing luck is headed my way soon. If you have hunted WY 88 or ID 40 for antelope I would love to hear how your hunt went. Man it feels good to see the word successful without an "un" in front of it. I had to check the results several times to make sure I was reading it right. I better start saving for gas.

Dax

Hey Dax, you just posted post #666. Maybe you better check the results one more time!:)j/k.

Good luck on getting that wall hanger!

Eel

I don't know about your Idaho area, but anywhere around pinedale is a good hunt unit and if you put in some time you'll easy get a buck that big. I usually hunt around Big Piney, we see really nice bucks, we usually would just spend a day and shoot the best ones we saw. Later on in the season those areas are good too, you have them to yourself because everyone else is elk hunting. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom