Two Examples of Really Good Sportsmanship

R

rcrosby

I have met some great people out in the field this season. 2 things that happened that I think are really cool...

- last weekend I was archery hunting. When we came down the mountain a truck was parked next to mine. There was a note in my door and I was expecting some nasty note telling me not to park there again or something. It was a nice note telling me the guy arrived late, saw we were there and waited for us to get up the moutain and he hoped he didn't interfere with out hunt. That is very cool!

- hunting unit 14 for mule deer my wife and I were glassing a couple of bucks for her tag. A group of 3 quads was coming down the trail. I went back and grabbed my pack and they stopped. They said they were planning on hunting past us. I told them we had a couple of bucks we were glassing an no biggie, go on past. They said they weren't going to bust anything out and flipped a u-turn and headed the other way rather than potentially mess up our hunt.

We hear so many bad stories of inconsiderate hunters just thought it was worth while to put these ones out there.

I think that might of been myself and my friends out there on that windy ridge that day. Did you guys get one of those bucks down there? We ended up chasing some whiteys around later but didn't connect till the next weekend. Lots of country out there to crowd people.

Well riverrat if that was you guys, thank you... Were you with the group trying to help a "wife" fill a tag too? I had a polaris ranger if that rings a bell. My wife passed on those 2 and shot a nice 4x3 later that day for her first buck. It was a better stalk and we were able go glass the buck longer and get inside 250 so she got a good shot and good experience.

Yeah that was us then. We had the two quads and a ranger as well. Congrats to your wife on the buck. Later in the season that place filled up with some real decent muleys. The gal we were trying to get a deer missed a real dandy on the last day but its not always about the kill.

Riverrat- We were able to hunt until the 31st. I ended up not filling my tag. Had some ops but kept holding out for something bigger. But as you said it isn't all about the kill. I helped my wife and brother both hill their first bucks and that was worth every bit!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom