Turtle trail cam pics

foundation

Very Active Member
452fre.jpg

I went and checked on my trail cam this weekend , and I'm starting to get some activity . Now before the turtle ethics police come out of the wood work , I wasn't baiting . I just happened to have my trail cam set up by a apple tree .

I'm guessing this bruiser was using his head or shell to ram the tree , and knock apples down .

Hate to bust your bubble but that won't score an inch over 300. Would not even be a taker in an OTC zone. P.S. Never field judge a turtle from the profile. Eel can tell you more about that. He has been guiding for years and will tell you failure to heed such advise will result in serious ground shrinkage issues. Just sayin'.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Well I've never scored one myself but I've heard turtle scoring stories told around the campfire ever since I can remember. The most accurate scoring system involves taking a measurement from the tip pf the turtles nose to the tip of his erect pecker ,then you take that measurement and and multiply it by 10 or the width of the shell using whichever number is smaller. Now if the turtle is a female that's another measuring system.

I was afraid this would one day happen in the great sport of turtle huntin. We have become blinded by score and now everything has to be a 400 centimeter bull or you have a dink bull. I personally blame the whole hysteria on Algae Back outfitters and their killing the great Arachnid bull which changed the sport forever. I earn for a simpler time when its not all about score , but more about experience. On a side note when I finally draw a tag I will do it archery , and Pope and Young minimum is a lower score so I will be ok.

>Well I've never scored one myself
>but I've heard turtle scoring
>stories told around the campfire
>ever since I can remember.
>The most accurate scoring system
>involves taking a measurement from
>the tip pf the turtles
>nose to the tip of
>his erect pecker ,then you
>take that measurement and and
>multiply it by 10 or
>the width of the shell
>using whichever number is smaller.
>Now if the turtle is
>a female that's another measuring
>system.

700 like you I have heard the same stories told time and again. When I was a young pup though I never dared ask how they we gettin the measurment that involved the erect appendage , and now even at this age I still don't know the proper way to get a true turtle measurment. Just thinkin outside the box , but maybe a female turtle decoy that may arouse the turtle ?

Wonder what the governors tag will bring this year?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

foundation, are you working for Mossback? Because I put my camera on that tree and a guy showed up and said he was blocking the road in, so I better take it down. I got out of there in a hurry.

Eel

Eel don't tease me like that. Of course I wish that I was working for them , but alas they won't hire me. Some crazy thing about one of my arms being longer than the other. This apple tree is only reached by helicopter and then a guy has to crab crawl down a steep slope. Good luck with those thugs blockin the road

>How do you score a turtle?
>
>
>
hornkiller.jpg

Eel usually starts off with buying them a few mixed drinks after finding the one he wants to score with. Something about making it easier to crack their shell or was it break the ice. Rumor has it he has scored quite a few booners.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Must be working for some big time guide service. Didn't anyone notice what that turtle was eating? Apple. Clearly that is a baiting operation. The trail cam is probably stolen and illegaly posted too. If not illegal then surely unethical.

HOOK 'EM!

Latest development as my sources tell me this turtle is not wild.

Sorry folk but this is another "High fenced hunt" operation.

The SFW is also going to have turtle tags at next years expo. The odds will not be posted so just throw your money in and cross your fingers.

OK now my bubble is burst as this is apparently a "high fence" turtle.(Incidentally,exactly how high does the fence have to be?Seems like a foot would be plenty.)

I am tired of all these "shell" games....

Rug you have a lot of nerve coming on here and trying to drag my good name and reputation through the mud with all these out landish tails of high fence operations and accusations that I have been feeding steriod and human growth hormone laced apples. All I can say MR Rug is ewe better have a dang good lawyer for this pending slander suit.

Easy does it foundation. I have visited your farm and will post pictures of the fencing going on there. Dont push me!!

Law siute? Pffft

I am challenging you to an internet war right here, right now. Prove me wrong you overgrown paleazhoic caveman!!

CB the fences are not very tall and you nailed the height.

On second thought I'll call the whole law suit off if you make it up to me with customary 6 pack of I'm sorry beer , and babysit the dogs while I'm hunting.

>..... I
>have been feeding steriod and
>human growth hormone laced apples.
>

Just sounds like QTM to me.....

>On second thought I'll call the
>whole law suit off if
>you make it up to
>me with customary 6 pack
>of I'm sorry beer ,
>and babysit the dogs while
>I'm hunting.

Ok but you never told me for sure and when?

BTW I will take good care of that shell thing ya got crawling around.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom