Turtle Hunting Story

Roy

LAST EDITED ON Jun-16-15 AT 12:43PM (MST)[p]I got away for a couple hours yesterday and headed to the source of The Upper Terrapin River to do a little turtle hunting at high noon. It's about a mile walk and I was the only one there. I had been there about a half hour with no action and a guy shows up with just his turtle net all rigged up and a big .44 strapped to his side.

He asks me if I had any .44 ammo he could bum? (who walks a mile to go turtle huting without any ammo? Doesn't he know just how dangerous these things are?)

Since it was slow, and the turtles at this location belong to an inferior gene pool, and are only about half the size I gave him half of my .44 shells in a zip lock bag. He moved on down the bank about 50 yards.

A school of turtles moved in and we started netting and shooting. I blasted 14 and then ran out of ammo, so I let the rest go. I told him I was out of ammo. He said that's too bad.

All I could do was laugh all the way back to my truck. Good grief!

He said his name was Eel or something like that.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

>What's a school of trutles?
>

Beats me. That's why I went back and fixed it. Danm Lysdexia!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

Roy, apples to oranges. You can live without sand crabs. Try living without .44 ammo on a turtle hunt. You saved my life and that should mean something to you. I'm retired and can't afford .44 ammo.

Eel

?We have allowed special interest groups ? hunters and ranchers ? to control and ?manage? wild animals for too long, and only in their selfish and narrow interests. Grizzlies, wolves and mountain lions, as well as coyotes, bobcats and smaller predators, must be valued and encouraged wherever possible.?

>Roy, apples to oranges. You can
>live without sand crabs. Try
>living without .44 ammo on
>a turtle hunt. You saved
>my life and that should
>mean something to you. I'm
>retired and can't afford .44
>ammo.
>
>Eel
>
>?We have allowed special interest groups
>? hunters and ranchers ?
>to control and ?manage? wild
>animals for too long, and
>only in their selfish and
>narrow interests. Grizzlies, wolves and
>mountain lions, as well as
>coyotes, bobcats and smaller predators, and the really really dangerous ones like tortoises, terrapins, and turtles
>must be valued and encouraged
>wherever possible.?

Well, I did realize that. I guess I am just glad I was able to help you. Sorry I walked away when you were still there screaming "Take that you beasts!! You dirty dirty beasts!!" I guess I thought you still had at least one or two shells left. Must have miscounted your shots. Glad you were able to get away. I have to give it to you, didn't think you could run that fast!

HOOK 'EM!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom