Turtle hunt?

264- I like Crown on the rocks with a twist! No wonder I missed them TDs!! They were already full of Crown & sour mix!! Its no wonder I heard that they "go" better with beer!

ansonlynn-I'm glad I didn't wound one of them flying ninjas! I plain out missed! Can you imagine if I had?!...AND they came at me!!!...WITH A LAWYER!!!

Chef
"I Love multiple Crowns (with a twist)...They're Delicious!"

Could we be serious for just a moment?

Don't forget about our "Turtle Wax" car wash next week-end, as we are now operating in the "red". Our treasurer, RIMROCK338 just informed me that 264Magnum's Royal Crown bill has been turned in.

Thanks,
Steve, Pres. NTHA

Maybe next week we'll be twistin' in some bad rot gut Canadian
stuff.(They sale it cheaper to the old folks,kinda like MEDS )
RIMROCK

<IF IT BLEEDS WE CAN KILL IT>

How did the turtle wax fundraiser go? Sorry I missed it I was out doing some scouting for the upcoming season. I can hardly wait for my copy of the mossback video. Ihope to get some good pointers on how to get the elusive booner. Not sure what the annual dues are for the NTHA or when they are due. Would prefer to sign up as a lifetime member though. One time fee kind of deal.

It also sounds like we should set a budget limit for 264 Magnums Crown and sour perdiem.

YD I would like a copy of the blooper reel from all the great video your shooting. It should be good for some great laughs.

Just wanted this to ge placed where it can be read.

How did the turtle wax fundraiser go? Sorry I missed it I was out doing some scouting for the upcoming season. I can hardly wait for my copy of the mossback video. Ihope to get some good pointers on how to get the elusive booner. Not sure what the annual dues are for the NTHA or when they are due. Would prefer to sign up as a lifetime member though. One time fee kind of deal.
It also sounds like we should set a budget limit for 264 Magnums Crown and sour perdiem.

YD I would like a copy of the blooper reel from all the great video your shooting. It should be good for some great laughs.

VIDEO,VIDEO?????? .. oh yea THE FIRST NTHA HUNTING VIDEO WILL BE OUT APRIL 1ST FOR ALL NTHA MEMBERS. MEMBERSHIP IS A ONE TIME FEE OF $29.95 PAID DIRECTLY TO EELGRASS. HE WILL PROVIDE MAIL IN DIRECTIONS THIS WEEK. (EEL 50/50 SPLIT REMEMBER). YOUR NTHA HUNT VIDEO FEATURES 26 KILL SHOTS FROM SOME OF THE MOST EXOTIC LOCATIONS FROM AROUND THE GLOBE. MANY MEMBERS FROM MM WILL BE HIGHLIGHTED IN THE PUBLICATION, AS WELL AS A NUMBER OF BLOOPERS THAT WILL BE SURE TO MAKE YOU WET YOURSELF. MORE INFO TO FOLLOW FROM OUR PRESIDENT, AND THE GOVERNING BODY OF NTHA, TAKE IT AWAY BOYS. (run with it, IRS just called.)

is this thread still here??

my crown and sour per diem was cut down to $500 a week on the advice of my doctor. used to be $2500.

YukonDall and eelgrass, don't forget, i get 50% of your 50%.

Krusty.jpg

Things must be slowin down again.
Just watching the OLN channel, Think those boy's that sit on them bulls could be any match to the Box Turtle?

I was just reading the latest in PETA magazine (Pretty Exciting Turtle Action) and it sounds like USO is trying to get more tags and wreck this prestigious hunt in several western states as well. D@MN them! When we lose the Turtle hunting it's all over, WE MUST FIGHT!

Lien2

We here at National Turtle Hunters Association (NTHA) don't normally like to make our financial records made public, but I think it's time to lay it all on the line, so to speak.

Our projected budget for 2005 is as follows:

264Magnum's Crown Royal stipend= $24,000 ($500/week)

YukonDall's video fee= $37,000 (includes price of upcomming sheep hunt)

Rimrock338, treasurer= $2,000 (Wyoming application fees)

Miscellaneous= $200,118.32 (broken down as follows, $87.52 for Turtle Wax, $25.80 for stationary, stamps, and paper clips. Leaving a measly $200,000 for our president to use to bid on future Governor's Tags. And $5.00 for turtle habitat restoration)All proceeds from the car wash (unknown at this time) to be used for our annual banquet.

For a grand total of $263,118.32

With total membership now standing at 41 (not counting officers who are exempt from dues) we need to collect $6,417.52 from each member.

Please contact Rimrock338, or myself by PM to see where to send your dues. Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.

Steve, Pres. NTHA

EELGRASS, I NOW UNDERSTAND WHY YOUR THE PRESIDENT. YOU ARE SOOOOO..... GOOD WITH NUMBERS. ..NICE WORK...HOPE THEY BOUGHT IT. ....YD.

Non -profit! rrriight? We could have Dinners with Booze,Girls, Auctions,Silient Auctions,Raffles for Limited Edition Big Bore Turtle Killers,Once-In-A-Lifetime Turtle Hunts,Speakers(never mind the speakers!no one listens to them anyway)!
So I can write it off then!
Its monies well spent!
Exploring the possibilities!!!
Fit me in!

RACKMASTER

YUMMIE;
Banquet. catered by "Chef" :Turtle Gumbo With all the green trimmings.Turtle steak on the half shell.Turtle and mayo sandwiches.Hmm What do ya think Chef.... RIMROCK

Now if I could talk a retired friend into it, the Banquet Dinner would be complete with his Ingram's Turtle Chili.

Brian

eelgrass, I respectfully request that my dues for this year be waived, due to the expense I will have had to pay, due to extra security and medical expenses incurred while keeping 264 from a killing spree, while in the field.
Furthermore, I am requesting 264's Crown allowance to be raised a bit. I will need additional funds for my Michelob habit.

As detailed and precise as this budget may be. I just can't afford the $6,000+ in annual dues. Sorry guys.

only $6,417.52 per member? i hope these guys realize how much of a bargain that is. the ITHA charges almost twice that. and they don't have a car wash or a crown royal junkie.

Krusty.jpg

YUMMIE;
Banquet. catered by "Chef" :Turtle Gumbo With all the green trimmings.
Turtle steak on the half shell.
Turtle and mayo sandwiches.Hmm
What do ya think Chef.... RIMROCK

All proceeds from the car wash (unknown at this time)
to be used for our annual banquet....eelgrass
----------------------------------------------------------------

I sure hope a lot of badass V-10s show up to the car wash!!
If not, I have a great turtle smoothie recipe (spicy/sweet)
we can all dig into! LOL

Chef
"I Love Turtles...They're Delicious!"

>Chef
>"I Love Turtles..... They're Delicious!"

-------- Taste's Like Chicken---------- RIMROCK

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-05 AT 03:47PM (MST)[p]Glad we can count on you Chef! You're probably the most important member on the staff!

I can not believe you guys......balking at the NTHA dues! Go back and take a close look at the budget I posted. A major portion of the dues goes to turtle habitat restoration!!!!

buttshot, we'll fund whatever you need, even if I have to "rob" the turtle habitat restoration money. Sorry I left you out. Being a member of the staff, you are exempt from the annual dues.

Kilowatt, forgot to thank you for the come back on the Box Turtle land speed record! Does Turtle Wax sponsor a race car? If so, can you imagine seeing that bad boy in your rear view mirror?

Still waiting for Deerking's photo of a Turtledove!:)

Steve

---NTHA--

I noticed a fellow on another thread is druming up members and dues for some deer club. He must have read our post here!
But he wants 25.00 membership and he is having a banquet and it doesn't sound like he is serving deer on the menu!could this be for real?? RIMROCK

Look at what Chef had a taste of for dinner last night!

Feb1801.jpg

It wasn't sea turtle but Louisiana snapping turtle.
Cooked in beef broth with nutmeg.

Chef
"I Love Animals...They're Delicious!"

Chef,
Eating a turtle doesn't sound very good, but I suppose it's better than the other way around, which is apparently too often the case.

Steve

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-05 AT 04:11PM (MST)[p]Turtle with nutmeg? Only around the holidays right? And it's strange no one has mentioned the "silvertip" turtle. Big, mean, ill tempered, but with a beautiful highlighted shell. Carry your pepper spray. mtmuley

now that this most ridiculous of threads has surpassed the seemingly unatainable mark of 300 posts, which of my other misunderstood okie hobbies are you going to target next? armadillo netting? skunk punting? carp wrestling?

Krusty.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-05 AT 01:13PM (MST)[p]Skunk punting????? Did I read that right??? I don't know if I should ask what that is or not! Somehow I don't think I need to know.:)

264Mag, I sent you a PM. about a swap hunt.

Steve

you read it right. think football but with a live and very irate skunk. you try to get it to spray your friends before it sprays you. and a word of advice, don't try to get your girlfriend to play along.

rackmaster: roadkill cruising is a sport if you find something worthwhile. about a year ago i helped a guy load a roadkill whitey buck into his car. it probably scored around 150".

Krusty.jpg

Eelgrass: I can supply you with all the skunk you need, let me know how many you need for practice and I will leave them in your work area some night. "Crap", wrestling, seems to me I sort of remember doing something like that in my youth. I think it had something to do with a cow feild and a bottle of something like "CROWN" and gravity. Oh, you ment the fish, my mistake.

Carver

PS: What was the date for the "Turtle Huntres Unlimited" dinner. I dont want to miss it again like I did last year.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-21-05 AT 09:19PM (MST)[p]Rackmaster,

Sounds to me like roadkill cruising might be more of a profession.
Skunk punting is for sport.:)

Carver,

No thanks on the skunk offer. I would rather just read about it!

Has anyone mastered skunk drop kick? Not the same as punting abit trickier because the skunk will run off if your not fast enough! Cats have been tried but never work because they land always on their feet (however some one said if you spin the cat an get it dizzy they work fine)!
Roadkill cruising is under rated I only personally only seen the "dualing banjos" gang cruising for roadkill because dinner time was "comming round"! Swear to God I was at the duck club a few year ago and this old Ford Fairlane pulls up and stops and this toothless knotted head pops out and this guy was asking if
we seen a dog.... then he starts talking about roadkill!
this guy had 3 chickens, 3 pheasants(sp?),1 possium,1 coon
4 rabbits(any one you could have played frisbie with!)in his
trunk of his car and he said dinner was "comming round"! We could not believe it, and slept with or pistols that night on! And this was California!!! TRUTH!!!!
WILL THIS THREAD EVER DIE?
Rackmaster.....

WILL IT DIE??? ...NO. BUT ITS ON LIFE SUPPORT, WITH A SLOW IV DRIP, AND LOTS OF PAIN KILLERS. JUST WAITING FOR THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS TO BREATH SOME LIFE INTO IT. KINDA LIKE MOOSIES SITE. ..YD.

264 magnum has been in the field filming his documentary on the shelf life of Crown Royal. His absence from this thread has not gone unnoticed. Next time the board of directors meet, the Crown Royal allowance may need to be reduced and the filming crew's allowance be scrutinized for future endeavors.
By the way, what is the shelf life of Crown Royal compared to the battery life in the NWTF's camcorder?

buttshot,

I share your concerns. They may have taken the money and ran. I hope this is not just another of those internet scams!

When they run out of Crown, I bet they come crawling back!

Steve

i'm still around guys. been pretty busy with some non turtle related stuff. also went to a wooded area by my house and found a new beaver pond that i may have to check out come spring (seriously).

i can't believe this thread is still going. i was suprised when it hit 50, and now it's at almost 350. we can all sleep easy i think, there's no way this thread will ever be beat.

Krusty.jpg

Without a doubt, this topic could set a Record and to think only 55 more away from the 400 mark that would stand for a long time as the KING THREAD. Would be very hard to out do this one.
Mentioning Crown Royal, Can I get an allowance for my Hunting trip for celebrating after the hunt?? I have a bunch of Purple Bags for my collection, use them for the money pool.

Brian

CROWN ROYAL BRINGS BACK BAD CAMPFIRE MEMORIES, I BLEW CHUNKS. WOW BRIAN 2900 POSTS, YOUR SUCH A LIGHT WEIGHT. CONGRATS....YD.

I am not sure how to feel about a man of 264's caliber trying to blow out a beaver dam, or maybe starting with a beaver hunt, either of wich can be devastating to wild turtle habitat. It may be that we need to take a closer look at the position of Senior Vice President and Director of Field Operations.
I am however impressed with the longevity of this post!!!

Naw...shoot the beavers too.
Serve em up with the turtles.
Guess that would kind of be...
Surf and Turf plate!

Chef

Well 264, I owe you an apology! When it is a call to surf and turf, Chef can make my mouth water!!!! Anybody interested in forming a new group? We can call it NWBF, or if we want to alway's serve surf and turf, then NWT&BF.
This way 264 can stay on as Senior VP & Director of Field Ops.
We may have to raise everybodies member dues to be able to do the correct lobbying with the ladies.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-05 AT 07:05AM (MST)[p]It appears buttshot is right again.

264Mag wants all the turtles. He wants all the Crown Royal. He wants all the beavers. Now he wants all the ladies!

Next time we select the Senior V.P./Director of Field Operations, we're going to have to do an extensive background check!

Any of you guys put in for the early high country Colorado turtle hunt this year? I'm too old to be chasing turtles at that elevation. It would be fun to hunt them when they are in bachelor groups though.

Good luck on your draws!

Steve, Pres. NTHA

YOU MIGHT BE AN AVERAGE TURTLE HUNTER IF:

1. YOU DONT KNOW CROWN ROYAL FROM ROYAL CROWN.

2. YOU GET A FREE HIGH ELEVATION TUNEUP, AND THINK YOU GOT
A GOOD DEAL.

3. YOU THINK A EARLY HIGH COUNTRY COLORADO TURTLE HUNT WILL
BE A EASY TAG TO DRAW. ....YD.

eelgrass
I havn't seen much in the way of dues from the bunch.
On the high country colarado hunt maybe we could arange a late season hunt and hunt during the migration when they are headed to lower ground or go to the desart and hunt coustles.. RIMROCK

I am on deaths bed, sick as an dog! Just wondering if if I should have someone hit the local pet store for a turtle purchase!
I am sure that an steaming bowl of hot "turtle noodle soup" would make me feel better!
Have any of you guys or gal picked up this bug yet? It sucks
feels like your head gonna pop and blow green crap all over the place yuck! Nose runs like an stream, aches, pains, eyes watering bad, small fever. Its in the head everything else is fine.
Jack

Rackmaster
Sounds good to me,I think your boss will buy it!
Where you going -- hunting, fishing?? ( The green stuff gets them every time ):: RIMROCK

Sorry you're under the weather there Rackmaster! I would have responded earlier but I wanted to wait until I downloaded the latest anti-virus program so my computer doesn't get it:)

YOU KNOW YOU'RE AN AVERAGE TURTLE HUNTER ............if you keep clicking on the Turtle Hunt? post

Steve

LOL! Sick a week now! Last weekend was the boringest ever!(my 10yrs old made me stay in bed). Work is like an graveyard with many of the other machinist out sick too! Better today I worked 4 hours!!
Jack....Rackmaster

Been close to a week without a post on this subject, loosin steam. Just got off the phone with RCBS, my digital scale is in the mail today. Sent it to em' last week for a repair on the 9 volt battery plug reciever, the load cell had also gone bad. It's gonna feel good putting together the puurfect load for the .338. Another month or so and the west desert turtles will be flippin over tryin' ta look like dirt!!!!

IT SEEMS A FEW MM GUYS ARE OVER LOOKING THE TURTLE POST AS THE LONGEST POST EVER, GIVE THE TURTLE HIS DUE.

BUTTSHOT, IF YOU ALREADY HAVEN'T, TRY THE ACCUBOND IN THAT .338..... YOU MIGHT LIKE THE PERFORMANCE. IT WILL MAKE A FINE TURTLE STOPPER. ....YD.

Thanks YukonDall, I have not tried those yet. I'm using Hornady .225 grain bullets and a variety of powders. Where can I find load data for the Accubond?

.338 for the West Desert turtle? HAHAHAHA!!!! Good luck. Make sure your life insurance is paid up!:)

Steve, Pres. NTHA

BS, I STOPPED RELOADING AFTER 26 YEARS. THE FEDERAL VITAL SHOCK ARE AS HOT AS ANY I EVER LOADED... AND GROUP WELL. THE FEDERAL WEBSITE IS WHAT I USE FOR LOAD COMPARISIONS,AND SHOOTING DATA. GO TO A SEARCH ENGINE, DIAL UP ACCUBOND... THIS SHOULD TURN UP SOME ACCUBOND SHOOTING DATA. ..HAPPY SHOOTIN...YD.

YOU MIGHT BE AN AVERAGE TURTLE HUNTER IF:

1. YOU COME TO MM FOR MARRIAGE OR DIVORCE ADVICE. WAIT A
MINUTE, ITS WAY CHEAPER THAN A LAWYER/ YOU GET 57
DIFFERENT OPINIONS. NO, I STAND CORRECTED.. YOU CAME
TO THE RIGHT PLACE. ,,, YD.

i was bored so i thought i'd take a couple pics of my primary turtle hunting gun. it started out as a used 10/22 that i bought for $50. now it has a true folding stock, 3-9x bushnell scope, harris bipod, 6 30 round eagle mags, flash suppressor, 16" graphite barrel, ar-style carry handle, and surefire m3 tactical light (which cost more than the gun did new). i call this the "2nd phase". the 3rd phase is gonna be wild, just picture an mp-5 :).

4228c47f50b97872.jpg

4228c4c551376ed4.jpg

4228c50551ff66f5.jpg

Krusty.jpg

load 6- 30 rnd clips(180rnd) with those new vidal shoks(those new .22 long rifle rimfires that fragment on impact into 3 parts)
and I think you could stop a couple of caged chimps before they
ate your face off,a foot and the baby maker bag!!
Did you guys hear about that? Its was in Bakerfield,Ca yesterdsay!
And the poor guy is still alive!
Let me die please!
Rm

Rm,

We may have to start a chimp hunt post!

264mag,

Your .22 looks like a lot of fun! Little pond turtles beware!
I sold my 10/22 some years ago and bought a Rem.541T. Put a 8x Leupold on it. It's a bolt action, but all you need is one shot.(not as much fun, I know)

I don't know about 400 though. There are only about 4 or 5 of us "sickos" left.:)

I feel sorry for the guy in Bakersfield. I agree, we need to organize a monkey hunt, damn chimps!!!
eelgrass, it won't take long for 4-5 sicko's to make 400, keep the faith.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-04-05 AT 10:01PM (MST)[p]Might have been Michael Jacksons chimp seems hell bent on ripping the bag right off that poor bastard(beside eatting his face and foot off!)
That was one pissed off ape! I hate monkeys now and will have nightmares for weeks! and two are still loose!
HELL YA KILL THEM ALL!
Let me rototill that chimps face then hack an foot off with an
AX and then I want to blow his balls off with an 12ga then we will see how good he is!
RM

Those two monkeys that got away, I heard that some lady from that ranch had got them back by enticing them with food.
Yea, that fella is going to have nightmares for a long time if he survives that ordeal.
Monkey hunting could be good and always can use Turtles for bait, the bigger the better.

Brian

Cage the chimp up with a couple of those killer turtles.
Have you ever wondered what kind of damage a mean razer back turtle could do to a fellow if it got you pinned down on your back.I don't tnink it would be too purty!:RIMROCK

<IF IT BLEEDS WE CAN KILL IT> --400 one step closer--

264 Magnum
Is that the rifle you carry as backup when your guiding clients
through the okie-fanokie swap? RIMROCK

<IF IT BKEEDS WE CAN KILL IT>

yup. 30 rounds of cci mini mags, killed everything i've ever shot at with that gun. spray and pray. of course, i carry a kimber .45 loaded with 230 grain corbon +p hollow points just in case. i tried the vital shoks last year on a raccoon hunt. wasn't too impressed, but that may be because it was out of an old colt frontier at point blank range. couldn't get to it's full potential or something.

this is the first i've heard of the monkey thing. what happened?

only 20 more to go :)

Krusty.jpg

264mag, love the spray & pray!! LMAO A pot of coffee & 3 three trips to the can but I read this whole thread this A.M.!!! Positively the most entertaining thread I have ever read!! Thanks to eelgrass for starting it & to everyone who has kept it going!!

foxtrot4elk

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-05 AT 02:12PM (MST)[p]The monkey deal:
IN Bakerfeild Ca,
This man and a woman was attacked by 2 male chimps(4 total escaped)! Turns out this man owned a chimp but give it up after
it bit off an finger(whos I don't know some one said it was his but I thought it was a girl).
So this couple is at the chimp cage and the monkeys get out or are let or escaped or had an break out is still unclear!
When the two male that are 150lbs each decide they do not like this guy and procide to f___ this guy up!
One chimp ate this guys face to the bone(lips,eyes,ear,nose, cheeks,chin)then it ripped the guys nutts off!
The other chimp severed that man foot off just above the ankle
and was fighting with the other person(the woman) who was trying to help the man! she was also biten! The woman called 911 from her cell!
Before the law showed up to help (expert opinion here!)one empolyee shot and killed the two males! The other chimpanzees(sp?)were females and were not caught right away!
Kilowatt said they were retreived by a woman using food to lure them back into there cages!
I only heard sbout this first on the radio then CNN then local news! So I am sure this is close to what really happend!
The man is alive but in critical contdition!
JACK

RM,yeah poke & hope is great! Think we've all been there at least once!
That monkey deal is wild. Any idea where we could apply for a combined turtle/dangerous chimp hunt? Can you imagine being de-nutted by a chimp?? Might have to go armed on the next zoo visit!

foxtrot4elk

LAST EDITED ON Mar-05-05 AT 09:12PM (MST)[p]There are kind of some vibes going through the air that 264 magnum is going to be guiding Craig Boddington (sp) on a turtle hunt to be aired on the Outdoor Channel. anyone hear of anything to do with this? If so 264 magnum hang on to that rifle he might try to talk it out of ya so that he can do a artical on it for Guns & Ammo magazine. : RIMROCK

Yukon!
Their is a big differance!
Bitten with sissor like beak by an turtle
or ripped off like the chimp was starting a lawn mower!
I would take an trip to the turtle office anytime I needed to get fixed!
Jack

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-05 AT 10:06AM (MST)[p]Another sleepless night!

I just received my copy of "Oklahoma's Biggest Skunks and Turtles". (I bought the Limited Edition, leather bound version). The gal on the phone said it was the first one shipped west of the Rockies.(Imagine that!)

"How To Find Giant Turtles" is a good read, but covers mostly the West.

Anyhow, I've been trying to figure out the best spot to put in for this year, in Oklahoma. (April 1st. deadline)

In the past 10 years, the biggest Box turtles have come from 5 different counties, in order: (I'm not making these up!)

Pottawatomie
Okfuskee
Pushmataha
Okmulgee
Pontotoc

264Mag, what do you think? What's your opinion of Units 55, 102, 97, and possibly Unit 6? Do I have my sights set too high? Maybe I should just put in for a preference point this year? Could you sell me a landowner tag and still earn a point?

I hate the anxiety that this time of year brings!

Steve, Pres. NTHA

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-05 AT 10:19AM (MST)[p] EELGRASS, COME ON DUDE. WHY DONT YOU JUST TELL EVERY HUNTER ON MM ABOUT EVERY GREAT HONEY HOLE IN MY LITTLE BLACK BOOK. HELL YOU MIGHT AS WELL GIVEM GPS COORDS. WHILE YOUR AT IT. COME ON MAN YOUR KILLIN ME HERE. AND YOUR WORRIED ABOUT A LITTLE ANXIETY, I THINK THIS NTHA PRES. THING HAS GONE TO YOUR HEAD/ OF COURSE I COULD BE WRONG. .... YD.

SORRY I SNAPPED.

YD, LOL sorry, you're right! I do get too emotional. My wife is always telling me to RELAX and don't try to overthink every little detail!:)

Speaking about Snapping Box Turtles, the biggest one I ever seen was back in 1982. It was on the street corner San Pablo Ave. & 55th St. late in the evening in Oakland, CA
That was one big, scary, huge teeth female out there looking for a meal.

Brian

i was actually approached to write the foreward for "oklahoma's biggest skunks and turtles", but they wouldn't pay me what i wanted.

the guy that wrote "how to find giant turtles" is a fraud, most of what he killed were store bought turtles that he raised in a pen in his back yard.

unit 6 is overrated. unit 55 is great, but is all private land. 102 and 97 would be your best bet at a trophy on public land. but good luck drawing a tag, usually takes a non res about 11 years to get one of those tags. oklahoma's draw system allows 1 bonus point for every unit not drawn, so make your first choice any of the units in blaine, ellis or roger mills county (western part of the state) and second and third choice units 105 and 97. and landowner tags are on par with desert bighorn hunts.

Krusty.jpg

Thanks 264Mag, I think I'll sleep better tonight. I got it all filled out. I'll put it in the mail tomorrow. Forget the landowner tag for now.........

Kilowatt, the kind of snapper box turtle you mention could fill another 400 post in about a week, but we better not......Founder might kick us all off.

Steve

What kind of turtle can't be trusted?
A turtle-tale!
-------------
Why did the turtle cross the road?
To get to the Shell station!
-------------
A guy comes walking into a bar with a little turtle in his hand. The turtle's one eye is black and blue, two of his legs are bandaged, and his whole shell is taped together with duct tape.

The bartender asks the man, "What's wrong with your turtle?"

"Nothing," the man responds, "This turtle is very fast."

"No turtle is fast," replied the bartender.

"Okay," said the man, "take your dog and let him stand at the end of the bar. Then go and stand at the other end of the room and call your dog. I'll bet you $500 that before your dog reaches you, my turtle will be there."

So the bartender, thinking it's an easy $500, agrees.

He goes to the other side of the bar, and on the count of three calls his dog.

Suddenly the guy picks up his turtle and throws it across the room where it narrowly misses the bartender and smashes into the wall.

"Told you it would be there before your dog."
--------------------
Chef

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-05 AT 10:38PM (MST)[p] GOOD ONE... LOL..HOW MUCH DID YOU WANT TO PUT UP ON YOUR BET?? ..YD.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom