Turned back tags

coyoteslayer

If a person that drew a tag in the 50% max pool turns their tag in, will that tag be offered to the next max point guy in line, or will it go random? I was the guy that everyone drew with more points than me and everyone in my point pool drew except me. I have heard that a guy in the max pool is turning his tag in. Wondering if that tag would go to me. Thank you.

If one of the Bonus Tags is turned in, my understanding is yes, its goes back to the Bonus Point Pool... If you were next in line (or the only one left in the highest point pool) then I believe you are correct in assuming you will get it.

Last year I was told they did a completely random draw for tags turned back in. I had never heard that before and still feel I was given bad info about it but she was adamant about it and said points didn’t matter in that draw. If she was right then that is something that needs to be fixed.

A couple years ago when I was applying for the nonresident Oak Creek rifle deer hunt there was only one Bonus tag available at that time.
Myself and one other applicant with the highest points applied for the tag and the other applicant drew it.
Just out of curiosity I called DWR and asked them if he turned that tag in would it automatically go to me?
I was told no it would go to
a random, alternate selection.
Not fair in my opinion, but that’s the way it was then.
I agree that needs to be changed.

Last edited:
Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom