Turkey Tags

deadibob

Long Time Member
So according to bank charges, it looks like my daughter and I both drew turkey tags this year. Has anybody else seen charges? If this winter doesn't have a big kill off it should be a great year to hunt turkey. I've never seen so many birds in my life as this last year. They have been tearing up the town this winter and roosting on the houses even.

I just got my UNSUCCESSFUL email for the 9th time in a row for turkey.

9pts for a stinkin bird!!!! It doesn't get any worse than that.

>I just got my UNSUCCESSFUL email
>for the 9th time in
>a row for turkey.
>
>9pts for a stinkin bird!!!! It
>doesn't get any worse than
>that.

9 points for a turkey and can't draw? How is that even possible. I had one point and drew Southern, my daughter didn't have any points, but they reserve 20% of tags for the youth.
You must be on the same blacklist as Bessy ;-)

I drew last year, and just got email that me and 9 year old daughter drew again! Last year she passed her hunter ed and hot a general tag, and killed on opening morning. She is loving it!

>for the 9th time in
>a row for turkey.
>
>that.

GOOD GAWD HJB!

8 Points here & No Draw!

"I'm Living & Dieing with the Choices
I've made!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?
v=N8i5NLyXZdc

Turkeys on 89 between Crab Creek to Nebo Creek are sure loosing numbers to Auto vs Turkey this year. I drive through each night just before dark, and would dare say 10 a week. The Flocks are HUGE they are roosting in the big Cotton Woods, Along Thistle.
I'll just buy General again and go South I guess.

Stonefly,
I'm on 89 and 6 almost every day,
can't believe how many turkeys that have been killed
by auto's !!!!!
Deep snow pushing those birds onto the highway.....
Mostly young birds and hens though,
the large groups of wintering Tom's have stayed higher
on the mountain.

And ya, my 12 year old son drew southern region with 1 point.

4aec49a65c565954.jpg

The big "UN" for me, brother, son, son-in-law also but another son-in-law drew central with 2 pts.
Zeke

You guys with 8 and 9 points must be putting in for bonus points only. If you select a region, you'll have better luck...

>for the 9th time in
>a row for turkey.
>
>that.

Dang Mr HJB,

In the year 2000, I drew a desert sheep with max points with fewer points than you have for a damn bird!

Change the unit in which you apply. You should pull about any tag you want with 3 maybe 4 points.....except the one you're applying in, obviously.

Good luck man,
Zeke

I snagged a Southeast tag but I had 6 pts. which is way more than most units need.
9 pts. suggests that the computers are pissed at you or you aren't applying correctly? :D

Anybody on here know how the San Juan Turkeys are fairing with all the snow?

Drew a southern Utah tag with one point......Is there a lot of snow on the Boulders this year? How are the turkeys doing down in that area?

>I snagged a Southeast tag but
>I had 6 pts. which
>is way more than most
>units need.
>9 pts. suggests that the computers
>are pissed at you or
>you aren't applying correctly? :D

Trust me, I'm applying correctly. I put in for general units the first few years and then started putting in for CWMU units. That's the problem and why I have 9pts. There are only 5 tags on the Folley Ridge CWMU and apparently guys with 10pts and 11 pts took the tags this year.

I would trade all 9pts for 1 deer/elk point. This is just ridiculous!

HJB,
Sorry to question you man. I had no idea a CWMU would require those points. No turkey hunt is worth that kind of wait, but some times we get backed into point corners trying for a specific hunt. I did that in Colorado on a deer unit, but ultimately I ended up having a great hunt.
Anyway, chin up and maybe the Turkey Gods will smile on you next year!

Awesome Robb.
Glad to here she is back home.

If you hear a bad cackle or whiny yelp down there, it's probably me, so don't shoot. Some do say I resemble a turkey!

My youngest boy drew a CWMU tag- he joins his mom and me from past three years with the tag. Off after another big Rio in April. It is as much fun as calling in a bull and after the shot so much more enjoyable on the back!

Thanks Rick

I will see if I can get her to toss ya a pick of her truck so maybe you all can share a campfire.

I'm thinkin' she has reached out to our 'Predator' for camp/hunt company---

Robb

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom