Turkey Question

M

muledeernuts

I'm hunting a field i've hunted for 7 years now, there is over 20 Toms in the general area and i am bringing a rookie hunter this year (My Girlfriend) so i'm deciding to bring a ground blind so that we can get away with a little bit more movement. My question for you guys is how much knowledge do you have of turkeys and blinds. i will only be able to put it up the night before or right in the morning. I will not be able to put it there now a week in advance and i'm hoping it won't bother them when they see it. its going on the edge of a fence or by a powerpole, that is the only thing to roughly blend in with. I just need to know if it will scare them or if they won't even give a rip that its there. Thanks Guys. Find the horn Goose!

Doubt it will blow them outa there but if them Big/Older Toms are anything like here they're gonna know somethings up!

I think You'll be OK!

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Won't make much difference. Set up blind in the dark with a decoy in front and wait. Call a little and be patient. Bring munchies, a book to help pass the time. Good luck.

from the "Heartland of Wyoming"

I had to do the samething last year with my son. Several toms were coming to the same spot everyday for several weeks. I couldn't set up the blind until the morning we were hunting because the cows in the area would not leave it alone. My son shot his first turkey at 6 yards from the blind. They didn't give a rip about it.

I have set my blind up about an hour before first light about 100 yards from were they roost and come day light they will forget all about you and fly down ...just dont get to close or they will fly off no matter how dark it is out! You don't need any cover at all, set it up in the middle of a feild it wont bother a turkey at all. Now a deer is a differant story, you need some cover or some time having the blind sitting out..Good luck.

Thanks for the help guys. If she is able to lay the smack down on a nice ole Turkey i will post the picture for you. Thanks again, it boosted my confidence for her! Find the horn Goose!

You've got a Decoy or two right?

If not I'd dang sure invest in at least one good one,and I do mean a good one,don't think for a second a Wiley Ole Tom can't figure out something that don't look right!

You got Calls Right?

Cover Scent?:D (RAZZIN!)

I've actually got 2, and they are good ones, they have worked so many times i couldn't imagine not having one, i painted one to look like a jake and not a tom also, i usually put him by my hen decoy and bam... down goes a tom. shouldn't be too hard. I really do appreciate the help about the blind. Find the horn Goose!

Depending on Conditions?

And rather I'm Helping somebody or not?

I prefer not using a Blind!

Sometimes there's no choice!

I've built Blinds in several locations using natural trees in the surrounding areas,works good!

Biggest thing is not to let them see a Human outline or movement!

Secondly,keep your Partner dead Quiet!

I help Youth on Turkey Hunts sometimes and it can be Challenging at times!:D

Ah..............!

Now I know why He wants to use a Blind!:D

Now you guys know why i need the blind. I never said we were going to shoot a turkey! gotta stay awake somehow. Find the horn Goose!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom